“Great little place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Nestled in the midst of historic downtown Charleston, amongst some of the city’s finest restaurants and bars, Squeeze is a hidden gem.
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for drinks one night while in town. Nice atmosphere and friendly service. I can see how this would be a hot spot for locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is the smallest and narrowest bar in Charleston. Average priced drinks, cool place to "bump" into people and get a conversation started

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great place, so much character, bartender had a fun personality. Loved the speciality drinks, and my boyfriend was very pleased they had Bermuda rum, and featured a 'Dark and Stormy'.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

A totally cute little bar "squeezed" onto the main street. Great assortment of specialty cocktails....I wish they opened a little earlier for pre-dinner drinks...try them for after dinner drinks. Lovely prosecco cocktails with all kinds of combinations.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I come to squeeze probably twice a week. What is amazing about it is that there is no food menu, yet I am always going out of my way to go there for a before dinner drink, after dinner drink, or if I'm out with friends, we always make a stop. Squeeze to me is a place where you can go and feel welcome. The bartenders can strike up a conversation and make your experience personalized.

You will be very impressed with their cocktail list and selection of wine. They also carry rhums, scotches, and bourbons, that you are not likely to see anywhere else in town. My favorite martini is the rain dance martini, which is made with a rain vodka (cucumber flavored). They have champagne cocktails, and are also willing to whip you something on the fly if you tell them your favorite ingredients. They have a great happy hour daily and also run a special on wine on Wednesdays. It is a tight "squeeze" to fit into the bar when it is crowded, but that's part of what makes the bar fun. Everytime I go there, I see someone I know. To me, it "my" bar. The only place I want to go when I want to go out. Not the type of place you will see obnoxious drunks or crowds of college students or bacherlorette parties. The crowd is always a fun, young adult, respectful group. You will be well taken care of!