“Find another place to stay!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn
Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Cincinnati
“Find another place to stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

There are many lovely hotels/motels to stay in the area, this is not one of them. We had some concerns about the cleanliness of our room and the security. The pool that they boast about is nothing special. However, our biggest concern was the General Manager. Definitely does not have that Southern Charm that this area is known for. I would stay away from this place. There are some very nice Best Westerns to stay in the area. Choose one of those instead.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank elenis133
SICGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
We are aware of this guest's concerns and opinion. Since sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all, we will let our numerous other reviews speak for our property.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

It's not the Ritz-Carleton but it is a moderately priced quiet nicely appointed hotel/motel only 10 minutes from downtown. The rooms are average size. The outdoor area is very nicely appointed and very clean with a pool that almost never seemed to be used for the four days that we stayed there. It was exceptionally quiet while we were there. (you can't blame the hotel for rude noisy guests)

We had a issue which the manager immediately corrected. The GM seems to be on top of everything The room was a little musty when we checked in but other than that, we enjoyed our time there.
My only complaint...the windows won't open, which means the AC has to be on almost all the time. (we were there in March). I would recommend Sweetgrass Inn to our friends.

Room Tip: If you aren't happy with anything at the Sawgrass, (not petty stuff, like there aren't enoug...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ionamic
SICGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to concentrate our efforts on those items most important to our guests.

Our goal is to offer clean, comfortable accommodations with great service. Obviously, in this case, we came close to that goal. As we share these comments with our staff, I am sure they will be excited to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

At 5 AM someone was kicking in door to our room, called police who responded fast but made light as it was a military fellow who was drunk (not what you would expect from law officer) checked out soon after, no regrets or concern by anyone at BestWestern about this after paying way to much for this motel ,other BestWestern properties we stayed on this trip were EXCELLENT.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Teamster671
Many thanks to this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We place a high premium on guest feedback, as it allows us to constantly improve our operations.

I am sorry that an intoxicated person found their way to your door. I am also sorry that the local police did not take the complaint seriously. I am even more sorry that you felt the hotel staff did not care about your situation. While we have not had many complaints of this nature our staff is trained to respond to all guest concerns. I will be using this review as a trainign tool to show them that they must make sure the guest is aware of their concern.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I thought I was getting a good deal by staying at this hotel, but I was sadly disappointed. I travel quite a bit, including stays in developing countries, and Usually the reviews on this site are pretty reliable. Not in this case, however. I just couldn't get past the musty odor in the room. The furniture also had stains and looked run down. Since I was on a long road trip with my kids, I was looking forward to a room of higher quality and cleanliness. Aside from the room odor, the chair at the desk clearly didn't fit, and I had to yank several times to dislodge it from under the desk. I should have left it there, because it smelled musty too. Too bad this was a prepaid reservation, or I would have left right away. I've stayed at other Best Western hotels before and this was definitely the worst one I've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank FrequentTravelerGyul
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback, be it positive or negative.

I was shocked when I read this guest's review. Our goal is to offer clean, comfortable accommodations with great guest service. Obviously, in this guest's case, we failed to live up to our goals. As we share these reviews with our staff, this review will be highlight of our next associate meeting.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for new years and we were throughouly surprised. During check in, we were greeted with such welcome that it almost felt unreal. The lobby was beautiful and there were snack for your taking. Breakfast was also served here. The hotel room was really clean and didn't smell like some other hotels we had stayed at previously in charleston. The beds were so comfortable, which I don't think I've ever said about a hotel. It really felt luxurious! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tapressley2011
SICGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
I would like to thank this guest for their wonderful comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us the opportunity to improve.

Our goal is to offer clean, comfortable accommodations with excellent guest service. In this case at least, it appears we came close to achieving that goal. As we share these comments with our staff, I am sure they will be very excited to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.