1,061 results
All reviewsking streethistoric districtupper kinggreat hotelfree breakfastindoor poolconstruction noiserestaurants and barsself parkuber rideparking garagelots of great restaurantswithin walking distancefire pitmodern hotelsitting areaper day
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Disappointed in the overall room. Not very clean including stained towels and sticky floors. Room needs updating. Noise outside the door was very loud early mornings preventing a peaceful stay. I would not recommend this location based on this experience .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
David M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charleston/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Greetings and thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate any opportunity to improve our service. I apologize that your room cleanliness was subpar. Please know that we take cleanliness very seriously, and your comments will be shared with our entire housekeeping team.

Again, thank you for making us aware, and I am sorry for the experience you had

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We liked everything about this hotel except the location. I knew it was a bit farther north than most restaurants and sights, but was expecting cooler weather. Well, when it's in the upper 80's and oppressively humid, it is a LONG walk. We asked about the free DASH shuttle and the front desk wasn't helpful. Later found out there's a stop right across the street! Oh well, all that walking helped burn off the great meals we had in Charleston. The hotel is very nice, new and in great shape. We had a room with two queens and a sofa bed, so spacious. Nice bathroom too. It was very quiet and the breakfast was good as well. I think I had read on a previous review that we should self park. It was $16/day versus the hotel's $30/day. The garage is practically connected - why would anyone let them park their car? I guess if you were going to go in and out, but the parking downtown is worse, so why move the car? I don't know if I would stay here again as it was not the best location, but we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is in reference to Ben Gause. I have traveled to several hotels across the country and I was so impressed with Ben, his attentivness, politeness, and caring attitude towards my car. Seriously top notch service. Your hotel is very nice, service is excellent and Ben made the car transition to valet just perfect. Please send him my Thanks!! Craig

Room Tip: All very nice rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The Hyatt Place exceeded our expectations on this trip. Not only did we have a large room with a couch and king-sized bed, housekeeping did a great job making everything fresh and clean. We enjoyed our view of the bridge on the 9th floor. When we were ready to sightsee or go to dinner, we took the free shuttle bus (number 211 - look for the Carta signs) to the waterfront area. If you don't want to use their valet, they have a parking garage to self-park. Breakfast was great - there were lots of healthy/less than healthy choices. The hotel staff was always friendly and helpful. They even put some mini-cheescakes, roses, and a card in the room to welcome us because it was our 25th anniversary. All in all, a great stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Edward F, Manager at Hyatt Place Charleston/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your celebration weekend with us. Please come back soon.

Ed Farnell