1,004 results
All reviews full size fridge indoor pool living area stay there again king suite the room was nice yogurt microwave lucille
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed Sun Mar 25 - Tue Mar 27. Room would have rated fair for price point and was in a convenient location. But as we got into bed the first night my wife raised the duvet and found the underneath side of the duvet cover had red stains (lipstick) and the sticky tag from a new garment that said it was a cami. Bed was made with only the duvet and a fitted sheet. I went to the front desk and got a new sheet set - a fitted and flat sheet. The new fitted sheet went over the old one, the duvet went on the floor, and the flat sheet was all we covered ourselves with. Our towels covered the pillows. Breakfast was better than average for free buffet. At checkin we were told there would be a managers social monday afternoon with beer wine soda and snacks. Sign on breakfast room said the do this every Mon - Thurs 5:30 - 7:30. At 6:00 Monday eveningthere were no beverages of any kind, and snacks were chips and salsa, pretzel logs and potato chips in the lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S
GM30593, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear RS1958:

Thank you sharing your review of your recent stay at Hawthorn Suites in Charleston, SC. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping supervisor so we can take corrective action in the future. I am glad you liked our breakfast buffet and the location/price suited your needs in a hotel. I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

On check in it was a nightmare and stayed that way for 5 days. No water in the sink, no housekeeping, breakfast was powdered eggs, we went to Harris teeter and bought breakfast food, people bring their pets and leave them in the room and they bark for hours. Second day I realized they had charged me 472.40 for incidental charges, crazy!! They do charge 25$ a night extra! Finally with arguing with the manager and with the help of my bank, I got the charges reversed!! Unfortunately we are stuck here another night. If you are looking for a clean friendly place Drive past this dump!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ms. Sizemore:

I am sorry your stay at the Hawthorn Suites was not the best. We are listed as a pet friendly hotel so guests are allowed to bring pets to with them while on vacation. The hold on your account was only a pending authorization that is released after checkout. I was able to talk to your bank on the first day of your check in to have the hold released immediately and this was done to your satisfaction. That same day you informed me that you and your guests did not want to have any housekeeping service for your entire 5 days here but we are staffed 24 hours a day if you need any additional amenities. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were in town for a wedding and stayed for 3 days here. Very nice and accommodating staff. Breakfast was ok, but not a fan of the eggs. Room was clean, but everything was very low. We have been in a Handicap accessible room. Definitely appreciate it for others, but unnecessary for my wife and I. Would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for staying at the Hawthorn Suites while in Charleston for a wedding. I am happy to know that our staff was able to assist you in making your trip as best as it can be. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The room was comfortable and spacious. There was a magnet on the fridge that said the room would only get clean sheets every 3 days. The towels were picked up even though we did not leave them on the floor but were not replaced. The garbage was only picked up when we specifically asked and the trash liners were not replaced. So they took the garbage when we took the baskets to the door but did not bother to do anything else. The beds were not made not even with the same linen. Housekeeping knocked on the door very loudly but then never came to do anything. We called to let them know we would be arriving very late so they would not give our room away and even though the rooms were prepaid we were told we had to call back the day of our arrival so the night auditor would not give the room away. We called the day of and the person that answered said it was not problem.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

When I checked in the clerk waited on me in a timely manner, but during that check in a resident had a complaint and I was left waiting for her to make phone calls and talk to other employees, before my check in was completed. My room was not cleaned the last day of my stay, the dirty towels were taken out, but bed was not made, trash was not takent out etc...

• Trip type: Travelled with family