“Favorite Romantic Restaurant in Charleston”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Menu is always based on fresh, local products and produce and the food is excellent. If my friends dine there without me, I always ask to bring me back some corn bread, it is the best in Charleston. Love the eclectic decor and the atmosphere is casual for a downtown restaurant.

2  Thank yourtraveldiva

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Four of us went to dinner last week. We had appetizers, main courses, and desserts - all were excellent. No complaints about the service either. We go to Slightly North of Broad whenever we are in the Charleston area and have never been disappointed. We'll be back in May!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Four friends and I went to SNOB for lunch while in Charleston for a long weekend. I made our reservation on Open Table. We were running a little late and I called the restaurant. They said no problem and that they could hold our table for 15 minutes, which was very nice! The waitress was very helpful in explaining a few of the dishes. They started off serving some corn bread, which was delicious. All of our meals, from salads to burgers were great! They also had a nice variety of specialty drinks. I would definitely consider going here during my next trip to Charleston.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local. Reservations are a very good idea as it is clearly a popular dining spot. Very interesting menu with local produce. Attentive, friendly service. Worth returning to. Beautiful room.

1  Thank geegeeOttawa
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Nice place. I had scallops that were cooked perfectly. My husband had fish with a pesto sauce. He, once again, picked the better of the two. The scallops were wonderful though. It's a little loud, but that makes it fun.