“Superb!”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went with friends for Easter breakfast/brunch and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Do not miss the soft shell crab is it’s on the menu! Perfectly sautéed and with just the right amount of lemon hollandaise sauce to compliment! Hubby had the Bread Pudding French Toast and loved it, though they should not have charged extra for more syrup. She crab soup was full of flavor and lots of crab...delicious! Bloody Mary’s had some spice but not too hot. This definitely is on our ‘eat at ‘ list when we return to Charleston!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Super food and finally was able to try tomato pudding! Great service and chix salad was yummy. Huevos Rancheros also were delicious.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

In a long weekend in Charleston, we ate at Hominy Grill 2 times. We gladly waited in line for 20 minutes on one of the visits. We all wanted true southern grits and comfort food. Hominy Grill does not disappoint. I even left with a logo mug just so I can think about those yummy grits and she-crab soup!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went on a rainy Friday morning. The restaurant was two blocks from our AirBnB. We had a nice variety of menu items with the chicken and waffles, fried green tomatoes and chocolate pudding being our favorites. Lovely service, fantastic food.

1  Thank 1KirstenV
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We showed up on a Monday, late morning and we had a 45 minute wait. We put in our names, took a little walk and came back when our table was ready. The atmosphere is very nice, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Our waiter was outstanding. We thought that our meal could be terrible and it would have a still been a great place. He had suggestions ready when we asked and he added some personal stories that were very entertaining and informative. He even gave us a few recommendations for other activities during our trip. I wish I would have remembered his name, but I don't.

The food was spectacular. I got the Charleston Nasty something or other and it was amazing. My wife got pancakes, my sister got the waffles and my brother got the Huevos Rancheros. EVERYONE loved their meal and could not stop asking the others to taste their meal as everyone thought theirs had to be the best.

I will never go to Charleston without visiting the Hominy Grill.