All reviews king street front desk valet parking historic downtown meeting street free trolley visitor center modern hotel few blocks bars and restaurants within walking distance hotel restaurant valet service market area the room was nice upon check tammy
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Very nice hotel. Great location. Super clean and friendly front desk. Charleston is a great city and this hotel fits in well. I really like being able to get to all the downtown attractions. There was some traffic, but that wasn't the hotel's fault. I usually stay with choice, but I was pleasantly surprised by this Holiday Inn. The only thing I would change is the price (a little higher than I am used to paying).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kevinwhite4623
Reviewed 11 September 2018

They are doing renovation, so make sure you are put in a room that's not in a noisy area. Also, my understanding is that this will no longer be a Holiday Inn very soon. The service is okay, the rooms are nice, albeit a bit drab (I was surprised that even the renovated rooms are drab). If you get a room in the back, you have a view of a big parking lot, but also of the river further out.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank GypsyGitanoAtHeart
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hello GypsyGitanoAtHeart,

Thank you for staying with Holiday Inn. It's nice to know that our hotel's location worked to your advantage. I also appreciate your thoughts about the service and the rooms. I understand your concern about the construction, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The changes will absolutely benefit our guests. We are hoping to impress you upon your return!

Regards,

Anna R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This was a nice hotel. About a mile or so from the main downtown area, but we still walked down there every day. Not a bad walk. Clean hotel, friendly people. They offered good suggestions for us. Unfortunately, our view was of a brick wall. Oh well, room was spacious though.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The staff at this hotel get it. They know how to treat customers! They take care of you and do it with a smile! Tammy in the restaurant could teach customer service for the IHG chain. Tylie at the front desk was awesome. The manager has empowered his staff to provide great customer service!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Not really in the” historic district , maybe adjacent. Staff was less than attentive, that is other than Brice who made our mornings pleasant. Erica at the desk however could not figure out how to divide the bill in half, plus she was rather rude. Rooms were old and in need of repair. Much in need of updating, sheets were threadbare and rooms were noisy from above. For the price over 200 a night very lacking in any ambience . Nothing of any interest here, bad service. Other than Brice, thank you, sweetie

Room Tip: Expensive for what you get.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank evieleigh0617
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hi evieleigh0617,

Holiday Inn is known for excellent customer service, comfortable rooms and nice location, however, I'm sorry you experienced the opposite during your visit. What you described certainly isn't what we want our guests to have. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again. Also, a private message has been sent to gather more details about your experience.

We value you as our guest and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host you again for chance to turn things around.

Best regards,