See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this motel about 5 years ago. Had a great experience. Stayed here July of 2018. The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful. The cleaning staff, on the other hand, were horrible! The first day they just made up the beds. Left us no toilet paper or fresh towels and the floor was filthy. The 2nd day, we saw house keeping on our floor and figure they would get to our room. We for home about 1030pm and they never touched our room. We called the front desk and the lady there was so nice and apologetic. My husband went and got towels, toilet paper and trash bags. We also asked for a broom to sweep the floor. She promptly brought us a broom and told us she was by herself or she would come in and clean for us. She had been there since 7am and was exhausted. She apologized over and over. This motel is ok but they need to get new and better cleaning staff. We were satisfied with the customer service but not the cleaning!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Mandy L
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Mandy, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

When I look for a Motel, I expect my room to be clean. The sheets were dirty with hair. We didn't sleep between them. The floors were dirty. Behind the bathroom door was dirt and dust that was never swept. Next to each of the beds, along the wall were dirt balls. The pillow case had a stain on it. When I pulled back the bedspread, I found string from something like a sweater on top of the blanket. When I pulled back the sheet, I found a body hair on the sheet. Let's say I slept with my clothes on and on top of the blanket with no covers. My husband also slept the same way. I reported this on the card that was left in the room and took it to the office. And yes people live there! And when you come into the office area it is dirty. If I didn't have reservation I would I left!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

RBerry, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the atypical service inconveniences you experienced. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Not a bad place....for the price. Doors open to the street, heavy traffic can be heard. I could hear the guy in the adjoining room brushing his teeth due to the door that connected both rooms not blocking all the sound. The only thing that surprised me is that they charged for internet. Haven't seen that in a few years. I saved $100 by staying here, I'd do it again, would not stay here long term.

Room Tip: Find one that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We have had many good stays at Motel6s all over USA. Last month in Charleston, SC #190, the motel from hell. we had one of the worst experiences in 50+ years of travel. Filthy, lazy, smelly inconsiderate. . We've stayed elsewhere because they welcome pets. I wouldn't let my dog stay at this one. To make things worse, corporate wouldn't consider compensating us for more than half a night on on a six night stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

John, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Clean room, but only 1 electrical outlet (!!!!!) not counting the one for the tv. No counter top in the bathroom and the sink is so small (and not level) that you can’t even use that for space. Pretty bare bones.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo