See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2018

The lobby was dirty. The microwave next to th eice machine did not work. They brought in another microwave that was so dirty no one could use it. The room was small. No breakfast, no shampoo no anything. The vibe was a dangerous feeling. Some people with dogs appeared to be living in the hotel. Stay away from this place.

Room tip: Do not stay here unless you want a cheap dirty place.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripjudge2018
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Guest, Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and comfort. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

The motel is right next to I-526. There was little soundproofing to block out the noise. The room was super basic. No frills with this room. The bed was okay. Things worked. Don't expect a microwave or mini-fridge. No breakfast provided but there is a McDonalds less than a block away. There was a laundromat but the machines were quite expensive.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Rev Johannes, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

I ended up being a day early for my reservation, at 6pm I called via Bluetooth and asked for a room for the night as well as My reserved room. They said they would hold one for me. at 815pm I finally arrived.
Staff was courteous and friendly.
Room was a Basic King Size Bed room. Bed was comfortable.
Again, the rooms are Very Basic, but just a place to crash for a night or two they are more than adequate.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Long story short....I had left an item in the room when checking out that was important. Called management later that day and gave them all the information they needed. Was told by their front desk that they would call me back next day. They did not. So I called them back and restated my situation, letting them know I was happy to cover any cost related to have the item returned to me. I was told that they had not found the item and they seemed completely indifferent about my request. So I contacted the Motel 6 corporate office and spoke with their Guest Relations. They called the hotel while I was on hold and I was told that they spoke with the GM and she would be sending the item out. I then called the hotel and spoke with the GM to confirm that the item was found, to offer payment for their time spent, and ensure they had the name and address correct. Was told by the GM that she would be sending the package the next day. Three days later I receive a voice mail from the hotel wanting to make sure they had the correct address.

So, in summary, the GM did not keep her promise and she was perfectly aware of the time constraints that further complicated the issue. Spoke with corporate again to express my livid disappointment that their GM was ignoring a customer's needs. That phone call turned out to be a waste of time.

I will never set foot on a Motel 6 property again and I strongly encourage the rest of the civilized world to give Motel 6 the cold shoulder as well. And oh yes, now I know what the little bites on my legs and lower abdomen were. In reading recent posts, it would seem the property has a bed bug problem. I'm even willing to bet that the bugs are treated better than some of their customers.

Stay away from Motel 6. You deserve better.

Room tip: Don't go there....stay away
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank swampy2018
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Hotel 6 is a basic room, no fridge or hairdryer, and extra for wifi, but usually clean and functional. But in this case they need to check out room 107, the bed nearest the bathroom, because I had over 20 bed bug bites the following day. The staff were so helpful and pleasant, and I wish I could give a better review, but I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017