“Wonderful stay”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My visit to Charleston was to satisfy a life long fascination and curiousity about all things Southern . The French Quarter Inn is the essence of a great hotel in my opinion. A beautiful, luxurious hotel in a great location,yet with the feel of being in a private home. Service was wonderful, yet not intrusive and staff pleasant and helpful.The hotel certainly does have a charming ambience and we felt at home and relaxed as well as 'spoilt'. The extra touches such as provision of ice water and drinks at any time,as well as the delightful breakfast,afternoon and evening refreshments added to our sense of receiving warm hospitality. Southern charm and hospitality as I had always imagined to be part of life in Charleston was a reality here. Thankyou.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear lynath,

Southern hospitality indeed! I am glad that we met your expectations of a true southern experience.

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Beautiful hotel in an awesome city!! Location is fantastic!! One of the best places I have ever been. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear laurenmb88,

Charleston is an awesome city! I love reading your comments about our hotel, especially reading that it is the best you've ever seen...I have a feeling we will see you again!

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our gathering of girlfriends couldn't have been better - thanks in large part to the French Quarter Inn. The staff is amazing! Friendly, helpful, knowledgable. The accommodations are fantastic. Gorgeous, warm, clean & comfortable. An oasis! Plus, all the extras like wine and cheese in the afternoon, milk & cookies at night and lovely breakfast (all included) makes the French Quarter Inn the place to stay in Charleston.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie S

Dear Julie S,

It was a pleasure meeting you and all the ladies, and I am glad to read that y'all enjoyed your visit to Charleston and the French Quarter Inn! Hopefully we will see everyone again for the next "Ladies Getaway"!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you are looking for a first class hotel in historic Charleston, I would strongly suggest the French Quarter Inn. Situated within walking distance of the entire historic district, this hotel offers first class service and ammenities. Michelle and Marvin, at the front desk, continuously go above and beyond to ensure your stay is perfect. They are wonderfully helpful and ideal representatives of Southern hospitality. After long days of sightseeing, the French Quarter Inn is a great place as your home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael W
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Michael W,

One of the most frequent comments I hear and read from our guests is that we are like a "home away from home" for them when visiting Charleston. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

I will make sure to recognize Marvin and Michele for their outstanding service. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The French Quarter deserves its #1 ranking hands down! I called them in a panic at 11PM Monday night because the place we had just checked into (after a long day of traveling) was infested with live Palmetto bugs. The city of Charleston was chock full of visitors as it was vacation week for many families. Somehow they had 2 rooms, side by side, that we could have. And at a very kind rate! They sent a cab to get us, poured hefty glasses of champagne as we checked in and got us settled in our rooms. The teenagers in the suite with 2 tvs and a fireplace, the parents in a lovely king room! They pointed us in the direction of restaurants still serving dinner. They really saved our trip and we are forever grateful for that. Because there were no rooms available the next night, they went to GREAT lengths to find us a place to stay. Genny made our reservations for us, even negotiated a better price! This is exactly the sort of kindness and genuine caring that is virtually unheard of these days. Everyone, from Mike who answered my call to Tyler who put us in a cab for the next place, was a true pleasure to meet. The hotel is spotless. The decor is luxurious and the Jasmine growing everywhere in intoxicating. Thank you French Quarter Inn. We will be back. I really mean it!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Margaret D
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Margaret D,

Reading this makes me so proud of my team and honored to represent such a great hotel. I am sorry to hear about the other hotel. I'll make sure to recognize Jenny and Taylor for their service actions; they are true service professionals.