US$ 358
US$ 284
US$ 262
  • Breakfast included
US$ 130
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
US$ 464
US$ 439
Comfort Suites West of the Ashley(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
US$ 116
ComfortSuites
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
Courtyard Charleston Waterfront(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 209
  • Breakfast included
US$ 515
Orbitz.com
3,132 results
All reviewspillow menucookies and milkglass of champagnewine and cheesejelly beansport winedetox waterchampagne on arrivalcontinental breakfastturn down servicem msevening cookiesquichewithin walking distanceearly eveningsouthern hospitalitythe entire staff
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The French Quarter Inn is in the perfect location - situated in the middle of the market and wick walk in either direction takes you to abundant shopping on King Street or to restaurant row on East Bay.

Our room was pretty, well maintained and had a large balcony where we enjoyed reading in the afternoon. I highly recommend room 320. Importantly, the bed was very comfortable and the room was well insulated and quiet. Despite being right above the busy market, we did not hear the street noise. We slept very comfortably.

The hotel is nicely appointed and charming. There are beverages and other goodies available all day long, starting with a yummy continental breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed having our coffee and fruit on the patio each morning. During the day there is iced tea and lemonade along with M&Ms and jelly bellies. A cheese and wine selection is available in the early evenings. Finally, milk and fresh baked cookies are available at night.

One of the very best features of this hotel is the staff. From the valet to cleaning crew, they are all friendly, polite and helpful. I must give special recognition to the ladies at the front desk who helped make our trip so enjoyable, starting with our initial phone call to make our reservation. It's apparent that Glori, Faith and Michelle sincerely enjoy helping people! All of their helpful tips and extra efforts to make our vacation a success were much appreciated! We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank MaliFamily
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear MaliFamily,

I thank you for sharing such amazing comments about our hotel! Room 320 is one of my favorite rooms as well. I'll make sure to tell Glori, Faith and Michelle that they were recognized for their hard work and first-class service.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Right in the heart of downtown Charleston, the French Quarter Inn offers hospitality unheard of in today's hotel market. It IS expensive, but absolutely worth it. It is very easy to forget the cost when you experience the hospitality and generosity you are sure to find at this beautiful hotel. We (grandparents and two grandchildren) felt so welcome; so well taken care of by the exceptionally polite and efficient staff.
At the French Quarter Inn, guests are greeted with a glass of champagne; wine and cheese are served in the early evening; milk and cookies later on; turn down service with lovely chocolates...and...continental breakfast....all of these niceties are complimentary.
We did splurge on a suite...it was comfortable, quiet, nicely furnished; bathroom was quite luxurious; beds and pillows were outstanding.
I was a bit concerned about being located in the very busy, potentially noisy, market area, but found this hotel to be a peaceful oasis.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank rdomo

Dear rdomo,

I am thrilled to read that everyone enjoyed their visit so much! We really enjoyed having the whole family stay with us, and it will be a pleasure having y'all visit again.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see the family again!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

This was our third visit to the French Quarter Inn. We have stayed in Charleston before but nothing that compares to the French Quarter Inn. Starting from the perfect location, to the wonderful service, breakfast, clean rooms, etc. I could go on and on. You will not be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rudy1qh

Dear rudy1qh,

I will assume we will be seeing y'all again for your fourth visit! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for three days following a cruise. The service was exceptional, starting with check-in, where you are given a glass of champagne. The room was very comfortable and well maintained. We booked a package and the coupons and roses I ordered were in the room when we arrived. Continental breakfast is included each day -- either in the lobby or delivered to your room. There is a daily wine and cheese reception at 5 pm, and fresh baked cookies at 8:30 pm. The hotel is perfectly located in the old town area, a block from the (renovated) city market, and convenient to historic homes, restaurants, shopping, churches, etc. during our visit, we also did a private carraige ride around the old town that was terrific.

Best hotel we have stayed at in some time. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: a room overlooking church street would probably have the best view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Wtrav77,

I love reading reviews like yours! I will share these wonderful comments with my team as it is reviews like these that keep us striving to not only be the best hotel in Charleston, but to be one of the best hotels in the world.

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for 3 nights last week and had a fantastic time!

The Pros:

Location, Location! The hotel is located just off of Market Street which is in a very convenient location. It's about 2 block from all of the great shopping on King and the Museums on Meeting Street.

It's within walking distance of pretty much everything there is to do in Charleston including The Battery on the tip of the Peninsula.

It's quiet!! I was pretty surprised how quiet it was considering it was so close to the "massive crush of humanity" that calls itself Market Street... Yikes!

The Staff! The staff here were warm and inviting from the valet to the bellman, front desk staff and housekeeping. The room was clean and the bed was super comfy!

Try the pillow menu! There are about 6 or 8 different pillows you can try from Goose Down to Tempurpedic. We tried many!

We had breakfast delivered to the room every morning. One nice thing that they do is give you a quick courtesy call right before they deliver your food so that you can be ready for it.

Make sure to stop by the lobby for wine and cheese as well as milk and cookies each night before bedtime!! Nom Nom Nom!!!

The Cons...

I can't really thin of any cons to this place. We enjoyed every minute and found it to be well worth the price we paid.

Room Tip: Book a package. We booked the Essentials Package which included free valet parking, a gift certificate to Amen Street Restaurant, a free carriage ride and a basket of yummy goodies!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tuckiefried

Dear Tuckiefried,

Your review makes me extremely happy and proud of my team here at French Quarter Inn! Yes, our Pillow Menu is a big hit with guests, and I am glad to read that our cleanliness was top-notch; cleanliness and service are our top priorities. I'll make sure to share these wonderful comments with the team.