“French Quarter Inn - Only Place We Stay In Charleston”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, FL
“French Quarter Inn - Only Place We Stay In Charleston”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just got home from another trip to Charleston, and can't wait to go back! The hotel is wonderful! Everyone who works there is pleasant and helpful. The room is top-notch, from the beds to the bathroom toiletries. Love the pillow choices! Booked a package and was so happy I did. Upon check-in, we received a glass of champagne and lady fingers. Valet parking was included, and when we got to our room, which was overlooking Market Street, there was a goody basket waiting for us. Our package also included admission to the South Carolina Aquarium, a one hour carriage ride around Charleston, and $35.00 gift certificate to Amen Street restaurant. Enough to keep us busy for the day and two nights we were in Charleston. We had the gourmet continental breakfasts delivered to our room each day. They were delivered on time and delicious. We're going to miss the warm cookies and milk the have in the lobby each night. There are flavored teas and lemonade and jelly beans and M&Ms in the lobby all day, as well as carts with coffee and teas throughout the hotel. The hotel also has a wine and cheese reception each night, which is a wonderful way to meet some of the intesting guests who are staying there. Turndown each night includes the weather report for the following day, as well as a special Charleston treat on the bed and a bathroom to wear. The French Quarter Inn is ideally located so you don't even need your car - everything is within walking distance. A great way to burn off the calories from all the delicious food. I know there are many, many other hotels that are nice to stay in, but we have only stayed here, and will continue to do so. I highly recimmend staying at the French Quarter Inn! You will regret it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Market Street. Lots of activity to watch from your room.
1 Thank Linda D
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear LinDOrlando_FL,

Wow! Your comments are amazing to read, and we thank you so much for your review of our lovely Inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements by becoming our “Friend” on Facebook. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

French Quarter Inn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel lives up to the four diamond rating from AAA, the #1 rating from TripAdvisor and it definitely deserves it's place on the Gold List by Conde Nast. It was everything my friends and I expected and more. The service is superior. The rooms are lovely and spacious. The continental breakfast, lady fingers and champagne, wine and cheese and cookies and milk were wonderful. The atmosphere was charming and friendly. The location was excellent. We enjoyed walking to almost all of our activities.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank nj_nan_14
Dear nj_nan_14,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We are extremely proud to have the awards and accolades especially being named #1 in Charleston and #7 in the U.S., but we cannot achieve these awards if we do not earn great comments like yours.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I called the FQI back in early February for help planning my husband's special birthday vacation. Faith answered the phone, and she became my "go to" concierge and consant question- answerer for the next few weeks! She was the BEST! The hotel exceeded my (very) high expectations . . . everyone was friendly, helpful, and professional. Our room was large w/ a king bed (extremely comfortable with high-end linens and pillows), and a huge terrace that overlooked St. Phillip's steeple and the Irish Pub below (we stayed over St. Paddy's Day). We loved the complementary breakfasts, the coffee & tea service on every floor, and the wine/cheese receptions. We were not able to enjoy the cookies and milk at night due to indulging in some of Charleston's best restaurants but what a treat for those who can! Could not be at a more conveinent location - we did not have or need a car. It's pricey, but SO worth it for the value and quality. Would definately return, and hope to one day.

Room Tip: Call and talk to Faith or another concierge about choices. Ask for a balcony or terrace.
Dear Rosie816,

I could not agree more that our world-class Concierge Ms. Faith is the BEST! Ms. Faith is continually recognized for her personalized service, and I am delighted to hear she exceeded your expectations. I am actually looking out my window right now in my office overlooking St. Phillips Church...I can certainly see why guests say we have the best location in Charleston.

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements by becoming our “Friend” on Facebook. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

great neck,ny
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We booked a business suite with balcony, fireplace, separate room with computer, printer, and a bottle of champagne awaiting our arrival

Although it overlooked the market we were not bothered by any noise. Oh, yes, Sat. evening we did hear music from the street. We were told the police would stop them soon. The hotel offered to call the police; but we saud no.

Staff is helpful and friendly. All in all it was a great experience. The wine and cheese served from 5:00 to 7:00 was fun. We met some lovely.

Another great thing is the wonderful restaurant on the first floor. Its name is Tristan and I think it is one of the best in Charleston.

One more thing: I somehow left my charger in my room. I happened to have another one so I didn't call until a week later--never expecting them to have it. Sure enough they did and I got it back in a couple of days. That's good service!!!

Room Tip: Splurge and get the business suite. It's less expensive during the week.
1 Thank funalways75
Dear funalways75,

It is responses like these that keep our team going! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Tristan is a phenomenal restaurant, and I guess that is why Chef Nate Whiting is regarded as one of the very best young chefs in the country.

Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I took my Mother for a few days to Charleston to celebrate her birthday. We were greeted very warmly by Marvin and Michelle and our check-in was prompt and informative. Our room was very spacious and we had a very large patio. It was too warm for the fireplace but I would have loved to turn it on just once. The amenities were plentiful and added a lovely B n B feel to the property. My linen was a touch gray, thin and not as crisp as I would like, but the bed was comfortable. One one day our room wasn't serviced until after one-thirty when we retuned from our morning excursion but we had turn down service every night. The location could not be more perfect right in the middle of so much yet the property is very quiet and serene. The patronage is a bit older for my taste so I probably won't bring my husband, but for my Mother it was perfect.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Conikazi8,

I am delighted to hear both you and your mother enjoyed your stay, and I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion. Marvin and Michele says hello and send their thanks for recognizing their five star service. Hopefully the next time you return, we will have our new 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen arriving from Italy!