“Great location, nice hotel.”

Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
pittsburgh, pennsylvania
“Great location, nice hotel.”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Perfect location between Meeting and King streets. Ten minute walk to the Market, thirty minute walk to the Battery. Small outdoor pool and fitness center. King room was very spacious, with typical Marriott/Renaissance style. Comfy bed.
We checked in early, around 10am, and they had a room available for us immediately. That made for a great start to our day. The Housekeeping staff (especially Karen) was most accommodating too.
Parking garage across street. You can self park for $12 with in/out all day. Spots designated for hotel guests on 2nd and 3rd floors. You can valet too for a little extra, but really not necessary.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
philadelphia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed for only two nights, but plan to go back for a week. The staff was terrific, even going so far as to lend me a staff member's unberella since they were out of the hotel loaners. The rooms were clean, beds were great. Breakfast was exceptional. The location is easy walking distance to many great restaurants and shops. You can't go wrong if you stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I had a 5 nights stay at the Renaissance Charleston hotel, It was a great stay. The hotel was so close to the historic district area in Charleston, king street and the market which was a great location to discover the city. I enjoyed the spacious room with a king very comfortable bed and great furniture, The problem was with the view which overlooked on side buildings. The reception staff were so helpful where they ordered me a taxi everyday with the awesome cab service " Russ Transportation". I had a breakfast buffet at the restaurant which was cool but with a very limited variety. I think Renaissance is great choice for Charleston but its over rated in price with more than $200 per night.

Room Tip: Take rooms overlooking on the main street
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I took my teen age daughter, mother daughter last hurrah b 4 school trip. Hotel had a good location, so we would be able to walk, booked it based on the past reviews and location. Upon getting there, we drove about 400 miles...desk clerk greeted us and then rudely picked up the phone and proceeded to talk to whomever...then finally, gave us our room. We got in and the first thing my daughter noticed was the view! She laughed because the "view" we had, was the tops of old rust roofs. Not too great. I called downstairs and asked if we could get a room with a view...well before I even finished asking, the girl put me on hold, and forgot about us I guess so I hung up and recalled downstairs only to be lectured on how there are city ordinances in place and all buildings here in C down dont have that great a view. Well, for the money we spent, I thought we would have a bit more to c from our room, esp since it rained all afternoon and night just about, room was average, not big at all, clean, beds were comfortable. I did notice in the pool there were cigarettes floating around and roaches laying on the carpet upstairs on level 6. I also noticed some vacant rooms on level 4 and with a view! I doubt if we would stay here again, poor customer service, and that is what really would have made a difference here. The front desk was run by a couple of younger folks, and well...they need further training on customer care.
We went on to Myrtle beach area and had a great time there at a less expensive hotel, on the beach and I only wish we went there first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! Dont let them tell you there are none, there are, and for what they cha...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FrickandFrak
Lees Summit, MO
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We loved the location of the Renaissance Charleston Hotel.....parked our car and did not use it again til time to go home! The accommodations were very nice and comfortable. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Everyone was quite helpful in giving recommendations of where to dine or where to sightsee. We enjoyed the bar for an evening drink and then the breakfast the next a.m. A special thank you to "Brooke" who was at the front desk the morning I called after we had left and I had thought I had left a pair of shoes behind. She sensed my distress and took care of things by going the extra mile in helping me. She, to me, was exemplary of what customer service is all about. The restaurants we particularly enjoyed when staying here were "Husk" and "Hanks".

Room Tip: I am not sure what needs to be done to ensure a good room. We really wanted one of the rooms with a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple