“Very speedy service”

Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: "Southern Seafood and a DARN Good Time"
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The food was so good and the service was incredibly fast for a Friday nite! Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I feel a little funny writing anything less than a stellar review given all the good reviews. Am I not one with a very discriminating taste either! But I tell it like I experience it, and I wasn't overly impressed. I will say there was nothing wrong with our lunch, the atmosphere was fine, the service was adequate and the food was okay too. It was just an overall average experience, nothing more nothing less. So I think that means that you won't be disappointed here as long as you're not expecting an extraordinary spot.

There was a vibrant, busy feel when we were there which was nice. And it is in a convenient location downtown in the heart of some good action. This is a plus, so I'll say again that if you are inclined to grab a meal here while in the area it's not a bad choice for an average encounter. Just don't go here expecting a life changing event!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

There was a long wait but the food made up for that. Also parking downtown Charleston is not good at all.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great time and atmosphere - Kelsey and Megan were terrific servers!! Will go back !!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The Charleston Crab House is a favorite in Charleston for me and my girlfriend. We have been here on both of our trips to Charleston so far. The first time was on a summer evening, sitting out on the rooftop overlooking historical Charleston. The second time we sat inside on a cold winter night.

First of all, I LOVE the rooftop seating. The view is great, and I just like the feel. The interior, however, is not special. It has a relaxed Joe's Crab Shack, TGI Fridays feel that is okay but not worth seeking out. It is what it is, and it isn't trying to be something different.

The food generally is great. Our guilty pleasure is the barbecue shrimp and grits. We had the seafood pot once which was memorably good as well. Though the second time we went, I had a soft shell crab sandwich that was a little on the gross side. Very oily and somewhat soggy. I might recommend staying away from the fried food, but I haven't tried enough to really know.

Overall, I recommend going if the weather is good and you can sit on the rooftop. I don't recommend going if you have to sit inside.