“The best way to experience Charleston!”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to the Cottage
Kitchen and eating area study area with convertible sofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kitchen and eating area
study area with convertible sofa
Living area with view toward the kitchen
Master Bedroom
View of the main house from the cottage patio
Carriage gates leading to the cottage
Cottage garden
Carriage gates and parking area
Master bathroom
View from Study Area to Living Room
View of front entrance
View of main house from Limehouse Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Janean E
Los Angeles, California
“The best way to experience Charleston!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

In the Charleston airport waiting for my flight back to cold New York, but couldn't wait to post my comments. The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St was the absolute best. For someone who would love to live in Charleston, this truly was the best way to experience the city. The cottage was large and extremely comfortable. I felt right at home immediately. It was close enough to walk to all that Charleston has to offer. All of the historic sights, fantastic restaurants, the Battery, beautiful historic homes etc. I truly could not be happier with my trip. Thank you so much Chriss. I so cannot wait until I can come back again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the property and the cottage.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Stephen U
Nipomo, California
“Our own Cottage in Charleston”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I love Charleston and the Cottage made us feel as if we were living in the heart of Charleston. We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go. The Cottage was a wonderful retreat, complete with sitting rooms, kitchen, dining room and 1 and 1/2 baths. We loved the king size bed. It truly felt as if it were our own home. We very much appreciated the Wilson's hospitality and enjoyed touring the "Big House." If you want to feel like a Charlestonian, even if just for a few days, this is the place to go. We loved the house and we enjoyed our stay in Charleston. I would highly recommend the Cottage to anyone going to Charleston. We felt it was a great value and a better place to stay than almost any hotel, and it was private and quiet.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and privacy
Liked least: everything was great
Older travelers People with pets
blossomka...
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St. was my little piece of heaven”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St. during a return trip to my hometown of Charleston, SC last week. We were in town attending to cemetary arrangements for a family member, and it was also our anniversary, so I selected The Cottage based on the photos that I had seen of it's serene setting and it's location in the heart of downtown Charleston. I couldn't have made a better choice. There is off street parking within the confines of the beautiful ironwork gates that lead up the drive to the cottage. I spent as much time as I could just sitting on the front porch of the cottage and drinking in the beauty of this wonderful setting. The majestic oak trees draped in moss, and the beauty of the pre-civil war mansions all around the cottage were just part of it's charm. When you enter the cottage, you walk into the main living area, which is furnished with a sofa, two comfortable chairs, a coffee table and a separate seating area for watching tv. The kitchen is open to the living room, and has a lovely bar and spacious eating area. As you proceed into the cottage, you enter yet another seating area with sofa and coffee table and some lovely period antiques. The bedroom has a lovely four-poster bed, seating, spacious closet, and windows on two walls. The main bath has double sinks and a walk in shower. There is also a half bath in the cottage. Although the cottage is not listed as being handicap-accessible, it actually is accessible if you are able to negotiate the four steps that lead up to the front porch.

The owner very graciously gave us a tour of the main house, with it's many antiques and historic artifacts that have been handed down within her and her husband's families. We were also introduced to the owners' two friendly labrador retrievers, which provided my dog fix since I didn't have my dogs with me. Did I mention that the cottage is pet-friendly?!

The cottage is walkable to the historic Battery and it's adjoining Whitepoint Gardens park, yet you can walk in the opposite direction and avail yourself of Charleston's many wonderful restaurants, shops, and historic market area.

I've stayed at many of the hotels and B&B's in Charleston over the years since I've moved away, but The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St. will forever be one of my favorites.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, cleanliness, amenities, layout of Cottage, off-street parking
Liked least: Mattress was too hard
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers People with pets
Donna L
Naples FL
“Fabulous Retreat, Great Location”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Our second visit to this Cottage was even better than the first. It felt like coming "home" - that is, to a luxurious retreat! The Cottage is comfortable and impeccably maintained, within walking distance to all things Charleston. It was so nice to come home from a day of touring and tasting to this lovely respite. A great area for walking as you will see all the fabulous historic details of the homes in this quiet residential area just two blocks from the Battery waterfront. Book now as the more people who know about it, the harder it will be to get a reservation. Our hostess recommended the highlight of our visit, the Charleston Footprints walking tour with Michael Trouche. Thanks Chriss from us and the miniature schnauzers. We will be back for another stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfortable but elegant decor
Liked least: Having to go home!
Friends getaway People with pets
Socalhal
Thousand Oaks, California
“Charming Luxury South of Broad”
Reviewed 25 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

This is a fabulous place to stay. My wife and I had a wonderful four days in this charming, restored boat house. It was tucked away on one of the larger properties south of Broad and we had outstanding views from the front porch of the cottage. We were within walking distance of downtown, the Battery, and most of the attractions in Charleston. Chris, the owner, was gracious and helpful. I highly recommend this for a taste of southern hospitality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage and the views from the porch
Liked least: That we had to leave!
Management Response
25 Dec 2012
Hal,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review. Please come see us again!

Chriss
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing