“Always worth it!!!”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 966 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have been to Halls before but this time we took our son with us. So worth every penny spent and such a great time! Service is impeccable and the staff super friendly! The steaks are amazing and the seafood does not disappoint! Great place for a special occasion and they don’t rush you at all! Such a great place and love getting the chance to have dinner in when we are in town!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Frank Sinatra had around 15 restaurants within the United States that he frequently went to for dinner. I have been to 3 of them including Gibsons Steakhouse. It has a lot of similarity to Halls Chophouse in Charleston, S.C. At Halls Chophouse, you are greeted by very friendly staff members. They have 2 floors of dining which gives you options. I started with their Caesar salad, and my wife had their chopped salad. We each had their prime filet mignon which was broiled to perfection. I had their loaded mashed potatoes which were the best I have ever had, and my wife had their parmesian truffle french fries, which she told me she had never had before, and they were excellent. They have a variety of sauces for your steak to choose from. We shared a dish of sautéed mushrooms, again the best. Their service does not get better. I also had a glass of Jack Daniels with some ice cubes and a splash of water. (Sinatras favorite drink). I can see why it is one of the 10 best steak houses in the United States as seen in Trip Advisor

1  Thank Larry A
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went on whim to see if we could get in and they were able to fit us in. Amanda was great and we had the best steaks ever in a long time. Recommend this place highly if visiting Charleston. Thank you for great service and food.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first time my husband and I ate here. How delicious!!! We had Filet Mignon and it was so flavorful and cut like butter!!! I have a gluten allergy and the staff was very accommodating which I really appreciated. Beautiful place all around!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All we can say is we have eaten here dozens of times and have never left unhappy. Simply the best. From the service to the food, all top quality.