All reviewscontinental breakfastking streetsister hotel next doorgreat locationjacuzzi tubking's courtyardevening sherryantique shopsdeluxe kingcanopy bedwithin walking distancebreakfast delivered to our roomquaint hoteleach morningshopping districtroom was spaciouswine and cheese
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I can't imagine staying anywhere else! It is a perfect location for the waterfront, Market Street, Farmer's Market, and wonderful restaurants! Our room was lovely - high ceilings and a nice view of King Street.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Fulton Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay at the Fulton Lane Inn. Thank you for your compliments to our central location and beautifully appointed rooms. We look forward to your next visit!

Richard Widman, Proprietor

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Our party left Charleston agreeing that on future visits we would not even consider staying anyplace else. We'd encountered all kinds of amenities we'd never expected (e.g., water, fruit, and snacks to take with us when we left the hotel to explore the city and a wine and cheese hour in the late afternoon). And, all the expectations we did have were met or exceeded. The room was beautiful, the service prompt and gracious, the location perfect and the whole atmosphere one of friendly gentility.

I noticed one reviewer on Tripadvisor complained about the amount of walking she had to do, and another about the difficulty of driving around and parking. I don't understand this. The city of Charleston provides DASH, a clean, convenient, reliable shuttle service to virtually anyplace in the historic district-- and it's FREE! You just get on and off whenever and wherever you want.

Room Tip: We just accepted the room we were given and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter and we had a fabulous weekend in this beautiful city! I spent a lot of time searching for a hotel among so many options and chose this location based on the many reviews . Indeed the location was convenient although most stores in the area close by 6pm or earlier. The Uber from airport was about $23 and I am glad I didn't rent a car as we walked nearly everywhere (miles each day)which was a good thing since we ate our way through Charleston! Thankfully the Fulton Lane Inn offers chilled bottled water in lobby , a nice touch . This hotel is quaint and it's a quiet respite after a long day of sightseeing. My room was not as clean as I expected as there were bugs in the light fixture and hair on the floor that did not get vacuumed . Worse inconvenience was the internet which was not accessible despite hours I spent trying to troubleshoot night after night. I ended up having to go in the hallway to use the wifi which was not ideal, especially for paying $300/night ( front desk told me I could come down to lobby to work). So I give a mixed review for this hotel . Maybe we just had bad luck but it did not keep us from having a nice time in Charleston even though I lost valuable time and the room could have been cleaner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AlohaAdventurer
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Fulton Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We are pleased to read that the Fulton Lane Inn served as a quiet respite after a day exploring Charleston. Thank you for your kind words about our location and complimentary amenities. We appreciate your feedback about the internet and the cleanliness of your room. We have addressed these items and are grateful that you brought them to our attention. We are very sorry that you experienced difficulty using the wifi. It is unfortunate that we did not know of your issues connecting to the network sooner as our IT department could have worked toward a better solution. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you as our guests again on your next visit to Charleston.

Richard​ Widman, Proprietor

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We wanted a hotel which reflected the character of Charleston and wasn't just a modern block. The Fulton Inn fulfilled all this. The entrance is down a side alley so you have to look carefully as you travel down King St. There is public parking behind the hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a large light corner room which was quiet. We loved the invite for pre-dinner drinks at 5pm and the sherry available in the lobby later. A continental breakfast is served in your room and whilst this was fine there were a few things missing and we had to ring down for them. They arrived quickly though.

Room Tip: The corner room was large and light.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Fulton Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Fulton Lane Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the character of our inn and our hospitable staff. We are so glad you took advantage of our complimentary amenities such as afternoon wine and cheese and daily breakfast. We hope to host you again soon.

Richard Widman, Proprietor

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very clean , very nice.
They would bring breakfast to your room at the time you wanted it. However it was in the "high end" part of town. Be prepared to walk a lot in Charleston. We found it somewhat difficult to find things to do near the hotel. It's impossible to drive anywhere in Charleston. The traffic is horrible and there is NO parking. We ended up going to the outskirts of town everyday we were there. We went to the aircraft carrier and marina and under the big bridge. Everything was SUPER expensive. Charleston was my least favorite place we visited on our south trip.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple