All reviews continental breakfast king street sister hotel next door great location jacuzzi tub evening sherry king's courtyard antique shops within walking distance deluxe king canopy bed quaint hotel breakfast delivered to our room each morning shopping district wine and cheese room was spacious
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter and we had a fabulous weekend in this beautiful city! I spent a lot of time searching for a hotel among so many options and chose this location based on the many reviews . Indeed the location was convenient although most stores in the area close by 6pm or earlier. The Uber from airport was about $23 and I am glad I didn't rent a car as we walked nearly everywhere (miles each day)which was a good thing since we ate our way through Charleston! Thankfully the Fulton Lane Inn offers chilled bottled water in lobby , a nice touch . This hotel is quaint and it's a quiet respite after a long day of sightseeing. My room was not as clean as I expected as there were bugs in the light fixture and hair on the floor that did not get vacuumed . Worse inconvenience was the internet which was not accessible despite hours I spent trying to troubleshoot night after night. I ended up having to go in the hallway to use the wifi which was not ideal, especially for paying $300/night ( front desk told me I could come down to lobby to work). So I give a mixed review for this hotel . Maybe we just had bad luck but it did not keep us from having a nice time in Charleston even though I lost valuable time and the room could have been cleaner.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AlohaAdventurer
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Fulton Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We are pleased to read that the Fulton Lane Inn served as a quiet respite after a day exploring Charleston. Thank you for your kind words about our location and complimentary amenities. We appreciate your feedback about the internet and the cleanliness of your room. We have addressed these items and are grateful that you brought them to our attention. We are very sorry that you experienced difficulty using the wifi. It is unfortunate that we did not know of your issues connecting to the network sooner as our IT department could have worked toward a better solution. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you as our guests again on your next visit to Charleston.

Richard​ Widman, Proprietor

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We wanted a hotel which reflected the character of Charleston and wasn't just a modern block. The Fulton Inn fulfilled all this. The entrance is down a side alley so you have to look carefully as you travel down King St. There is public parking behind the hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a large light corner room which was quiet. We loved the invite for pre-dinner drinks at 5pm and the sherry available in the lobby later. A continental breakfast is served in your room and whilst this was fine there were a few things missing and we had to ring down for them. They arrived quickly though.

Room tip: The corner room was large and light.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Fulton Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Fulton Lane Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the character of our inn and our hospitable staff. We are so glad you took advantage of our complimentary amenities such as afternoon wine and cheese and daily breakfast. We hope to host you again soon.

Richard Widman, Proprietor

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very clean , very nice.
They would bring breakfast to your room at the time you wanted it. However it was in the "high end" part of town. Be prepared to walk a lot in Charleston. We found it somewhat difficult to find things to do near the hotel. It's impossible to drive anywhere in Charleston. The traffic is horrible and there is NO parking. We ended up going to the outskirts of town everyday we were there. We went to the aircraft carrier and marina and under the big bridge. Everything was SUPER expensive. Charleston was my least favorite place we visited on our south trip.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We usually stay at a commercial chain hotel and this was a great alternative. It really is a combination of everything we read about: easy parking, great location, price point, nice rooms and the breakfast selection you choose the night before that is delivered to your room. Added together it made for an enjoyable stay, loved the high ceilings and the internet connection was excellent.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Fulton Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Fulton Lane Inn. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our accommodations as well our amenities. It is our goal to provide an easy and relaxing stay for all guests, so we are pleased to read that our location and parking made your stay more enjoyable. We appreciate your compliments to the room and the complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charleston.

Richard Widman, Proprietor

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the Specialty and Agro Chemicals America show in Charleston SC. The show was just a block away. Hotel was clean, comfortable and friendly. Great having free cold water bottles served at the entrance. Great also having breakfast served in the room. I guess they don't have space for a full dining room. Wifi worked well for my needs. Parking lot behind the hotel is a plus, although I used taxi service to/from airport. Everything else was basically within walking distance, so no real need for a car. The marketplace (tourist area) was only a couple of blocks away. Many restaurant options in the neighborhood. I personally recommend Oyster House and Peninsula Grill. Will be back next year! Thanks for a great stay!

Trip type: Travelled on business