“Hospitality at it's Finest”

The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Hospitality at it's Finest”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I cannot recommend this place enough! My husband and I stayed here in January during a ridiculously cold long weekend :( However, it was not a problem at all! We stayed in the Junior Suite across the street from the main building. Our room was amazing. We walked in to a King size bed (the most comfortable one I've ever slept in), fire place, complimentary sherry, bathroom with shower and separate jacuzzi! We felt so spoiled by everyone. Our days began with an amazing breakfast cooked to order, an evening complimentary happy hour and appetizers, and to put the icing on the cake of our stay, every night we were spoiled with delicious warm chocolate chip cookies and milk....mmmm..... I miss it already! Allow me to share with you the hospitality that is displayed at this hotel: My husband had a terrible case of food poisoning from shellfish (not from the hotel), so we called the front desk to get the number for the nearest hospital, needless to say, the man at the front desk ( I am so sad I can't remember his name, but he working at 2 am when we were rushing to hospital.) He was so kind to run to the parking garage, in 20 degree weather, to get our car and help us to it! I can truly say that we had a truly wonderful experience staying at the Vendue Inn (aside from my husband's food poisoning :O( Everyone was so nice, and helpful, our room was splendid, and all the amenities were such a nice touch!

Room Tip: If you can splurge, I highly recommend the Junior Suite!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Inn in downtown Charleston is very charming with great service. They accommodated a bachelorette party very well! The sit down breakfast that's included has a great menu and wonderful staff to take care of you. Everyone was very nice and helpful. The beds were very very comfy!

The only cons were that the reception area and lobby were very small...each hallway had a few stairs so if you are rolling heavy luggage you have to lug it up or down a couple steps...I guess just let the bellman struggle with that! The rooms were very clean and pretty but need a little tlc and revamping in the bathrooms. Nothing big but some tile looked worn or damaged. I think they are renovating starting with the suites first.

One minor thing is their TV had limited channels with no music channels! Not a big deal since you won't be staying in the building long because there is so much to do and see in Charleston. But I love some tunes to listen to while getting ready.

Nice and great service but a bit steep in price.

Room Tip: Request a view...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great destination. Stayed four nights at the charming Vendue Inn and will stay there again when we return. Many extras like wine reception each afternoon, cookies and milk at night and delicious breakfast served each morning by exceptionally friendly staff. This harbor location is perfect as well. Easily walked to shopping, historic sites and GREAT restaurants. Vendue Inn boasts their own excellent eating spot, The Library. A great city and excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Westlake Village, Ca.
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We booked this hotel on the Web, mainly because of location ( although the price was right ) It was steps to Waterfront Park, two blocks to Market square, and just steps to the Free Trolley Stop. We were in the newest section, first floor, fireplace king, just across the street from the main lobby. Best feature was a full served breakfast, included in price. Superb service and food in The Library restaurant, and cool hang-out in the roof-top bar....seemed more like a Bed & Breakfast than a hotel...but we loved it !

Room Tip: The new section ( annex ) was very quiet......first floor...no elevators to wait for...super king be...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
trvlr50
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My mother and I just completed our stay at the Vendue Inn. I must say the quality of the service provided by the staff was outstanding. This being our first visit to Charleston, we will return. Where do I begin? Let's start with the staff coming to our car immediately upon arrival greeting us by name and escorting us inside. I escorted my almost 92 year old mother on this trip to celebrate her birthday early. The staff was kind enough to upgrade both of us to mark the occasion. My short mother would have a problem with a southern bed that sits higher than she can climb. Immediately, the staff came together to remove the king bed box springs to lower the bed. One night using a van taxi for a trip to dinner, the staff lifted and brought her a full-sized ramp so she could easily walk into the van. Every time we would leave or return to the hotel, a staff member was always there for her to lend their arm and safely get her situated.

Our rooms were spacious and well appointed. The beds were so fluffy and comfy, I felt like the princess and the pea! Breakfast daily has great choices and is well served. The Library restaurant is delicious. The house made gelatos are outstanding. Let's not forget about the nightly cookies and milk!

I really have to say this hotel is the most accommodating property I have ever stayed with. As first time visitors, we of course had lots of questions. Our concerns and questions were addressed quickly and professionally. All told, my mother had the time of her life and for this, I will be forever grateful to the Vendue Inn.

Room Tip: A corner room has lots of space and light.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family