“Local favorite”

Vella's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Cayce
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 11 February 2017

If you are in Columbia, got to visit Vella's. Great food friendly atmosphere. Not a very big place but a local favorite. I have been eating here since high school. I am in my 60's. Variety of food. We like the field pork chops, wings, and rib eye sandwich. Don't forget to ask for Vella sauce for your fries.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Went here for lunch. There wasn't a lunch crowd, but by the time we went, it was around 2-3. The atmosphere is very mellow. They have interesting decor- even a bike hanging from the ceiling. Our server was outstanding. I ordered teriyaki chicken & fries. My husband ordered a philly steak burger. We also ordered salads. They offer desserts, but the portions are generous enough that dessert wasn't an option for us. Our orders came within 10 minutes, so not a lengthy wait. The food was delish, my chicken was the best I've had in a while. The price wasn't bad for everything we had, came to $36. Remember the portions are pretty good, and it's not fast food, so you're getting a better than average meal. If you want dirt cheap, there's plenty of those nearby, but it's not the same. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Great evening with friends and family. Waitress was great. Wings were cooked "extra crispy" just like we asked.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I can't get enough of their honey mustard wings! Also the chicken salad is amazing and the mac and cheese bites are a must :)

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Great value. The all you care to eat crag legs on Monday nights draws a crowd and they keep them coming fresh, you just have have to wait a while for a seat so get there early. When it's not crab leg night try the prime rib sandwich. It's kind of a dive though.