“wonderful southern hopitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
anderson,s.c.
“wonderful southern hopitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I stayed last week At the Rhett House. We thoroughly enjoyed room 2 . It was clean and very confortable. We enjoyed having a private door to the second floor veranda. We were able to get a small breeze during the late afternoon. My husband and I both agree it was one of the best b&b's that we have stayed. We really appreciated late night homemade deserts, champagne when we check in, as well as the lemonade and snacks that were provided. I give the staff 5 stars for going out of their way to send me my electric rollers that I had forgotten and left in the room.. Beaufort is a beautiful place to visit and you need to top off the experience by staying at the Rhett House.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wright51
AMC20, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed our Southern hospitality. It was our pleasure to send you your electric rollers. We all know what it is like when you accidentally leave something behind. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to welcome you back.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I don't usually opt for inns, preferring privacy and quiet to charm and other guests, but the Rhett House Inn combines the best of a bed and breakfast with the services of a fine hotel.

My room (Number 2) was on the second floor, with its own door to the second floor veranda where I could sit on a wicker settee or lounge in a hammock. The room has a queen bed (very comfortable), a desk and chair, a flat-screen wall-hung television, and an adequately sized, sparkling clean bathroom with tub/shower and a window.

A glass of champagne is offered on check-in, which I deferred until happy hour (when a plate of assorted cheeses with crackers and olives are set out) since home-made cookies and iced tea and lemonade were waiting in the living room when I arrived.

Desserts are offered in the kitchen in the evening and I enjoyed a slice of Key Lime Pie with other guests around 9pm. The nicest treat is the made to order breakfast. Several options are on the menu, a server takes your order, and you can sit inside or on the veranda. The weather was perfect during my visit (late June) but when it's too hot (most of the summer) the dining-room looked very nice and the whole house is air-conditioned.

My only complaint, and it's a common one wherever I go, is that the rate is the same per room, single or double. So I paid the same price as two people would have paid, even though I drank one glass of champagne, ate one piece of pie, and had only one breakfast. Not to mention that I used only one towel and hot water for one shower. Doesn't seem fair, but it never is. Even a small discount, say 10 or 15 percent would go a long way to making single travelers feel less grumpy. Speaking of single travel, the Rhett House Inn is very, very comfortable and I felt quite at home. Most other guests seemed to be couples, and one or two older children were around, too.

I will definitely stay at the Rhett House Inn again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank etherbunny
AMC20, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that we exceeded your expecations of an Inn and that you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer. Thank you for your suggestions regarding single traveler's. We will definitely take that into consideration. We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Beaufort.
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here a couple of weekends ago to attend a wedding. The moment you walk into the beautiful front hall, you know you've walked into someplace special. The porch, the living room, the dining room, and especially our bedroom was better than we expected. The staff was friendly and helpful (especially the breakfast waiters). The location is right in town, no need to drive anywhere. Our room was large and extremely comfortable. And all the rooms were different. I would without hesitation stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main house on the second floor, king size bed room. I would request that room again...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank juliez58
, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
We love exceeding our guest's expectations and are very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return visit.
Langbank, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Had a lovely stay at the Rhett House Inn. Loved the setting in Beaufort which was great for walking or carriage riding and the town itself so full of history. The Rhett House Inn was just as I envisioned a 'southern' property (Gone with the Wind being a favourite book and film!) and we enjoyed our lovely breakfasts on the porch. The staff were very helpful and made us a lovely picnic which we took to one of the nearby beaches. A great base to explore the whole area, with beaches, lovely scenery and within easy reach of Hilton Head, Savannah and Charleston. Would certainly recommend this inn and would return if again in that area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Skyebo
, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed our Southern hospitality and the charming atmosphere of the Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Beaufort.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in the inn the night of our wedding, and it was so perfect. The ambiance is so quaint and romantic. I am a CLEAN freak and the room could not have been in better condition! The staff was so helpful and took the extra time to make our first night as a married couple extra special. They made sure our champage was chilled and the rose my husband gave me was in a precious vase in the room. Thanks for making this special day even more special with such a nice experience!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnaG61612
, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Anna, Congratulations again and it was our pleasure to make your wedding night a night to remember. We are glad you enjoyed the peaceful ambiance of the Inn and look forward to welcoming you back.