“Second review”

Econo Lodge Beaufort
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed here about 2 years ago and gave this place a poor review. Someone else made the reservations and we received some poor rooms. The reason I gave this place a second chance was that I was traveling with my grandsons and thought they would enjoy the indoor pool. I phoned the motel directly and let them know that I was an Elite Gold member and that I wanted a decent room this time. The room was much better than the one during my previous stay, but still not very good. The appliances did work this time, the bathroom door did shut fully, but the carpet still needs replacing and the walls need a coat of paint, along with some of the furniture. The sofa sleeper was "well used" so didn't bother making it up or letting one of my grandbabys sleep there. The mattress on the bed needs to be replaced. It did have a thick, soft mattress pad on it which helped, but there were still "dips" in the middle of the bed. Not easy on the back.
The pool area was clean, but had only 1 pool towel left in the cart. The hot tub was working but the water looked dirty, I'm assuming that's because the hot tub needs to be drained and repainted.

The desk clerk that checked me in wasn't very friendly and the one that checked me out was on her cell phone. She did delay her call long enough to take my keys, and then apoligized to her caller for the interruption. The housekeeper and groundsman that I talked to were very friendly. Thanks to the housekeeper our room was clean, including bed linens.

This place could be a gem with the right owner. A little paint, new carpet, some upgraded bedding go a long way. It's in the perfect location to attract visitors.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ccnanny

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Arrived Saturday from Boston, MA at 2:15 pm. I asked to check-in and was told that check-in was at 3 pm and if I wished to check in early I would be charged $15. Considering my family of four drove the 18 hours to get there for a family function I paid the additional $15. At first I thought the place was just old but after staying 3 nights I discovered that they had bed bugs. I have had no previous experience with bed bugs but after discovering very itchy bites on my skin after waking up I did some research and confirmed that they were bed bug bites. I proceeded to clean out our suitcases in order to wipe them down with alcohol as instructed by a website, I found dead bed bugs. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Cribbsh
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Nice location in Beaufort. Near shopping and dining. Looks to be recently renovated. Basic room, did have a refrigerator. Worst part was the WiFi wa difficult to get on and slow. If going to Hilton Head, better plan 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how far out you are going. At least an hour to Sea Pines area.

Room Tip: If WiFi is important, might be better to have a room closer to the front desk.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catfish47
Reviewed 20 November 2011

we came in for the marine corp graduation, we stay two night, in a king/ pull out sofa. the staff was very friendly and accommodating.Checking in went smoothly.Our 1st room didn't have a micro-fridge in it, but staff moved us quickly to another room. It was clean and comfortable. Parking lot was well lit. My son enjoyed the indoor pool. WiFi was good. Breakfast was not out early enough, we had to leave early for the ceremonies. Some accommodation should have been made the hotel was full of marine families.

Room Tip: request room on the front side, there is no parking on the back and its a wooded area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Marinemom31061
Reviewed 12 November 2011

So outdated that even our dogs weren't happy. Obviously we should have left as the other review stated.
Very Low End !! They had a sign 15.00 per pet, but didn't ask or mention it. I am sure they know that they couldn't collect it.

Room Tip: Please do not stay here. They gave us a queen bed and were supposed to give us a king.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovestoTravela
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
0.9 km away
25.2 km away
Hampton Inn Hilton Head
Hampton Inn Hilton Head
#11 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Econo Lodge Beaufort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK