“Wings Done Wrong”

Buffalo Wild Wings
Ranked #85 of 175 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I visited a Buffalo Wild Wings several years ago in another city and was not pleased. Since this restaurant was right across the street from out hotel I thought we'd give the chain another try.

First of all let me say that the service was good, I can't blame the waitress (even though she gave us the wrong bill at the end). But for a place that bases it's reputation on wings - these have to be the worst wings I've ever had. They were overcooked and dry. I don't know their exact cooking method but I don't think you could make a worse wing if you tried. I've had chicken wings in a lot of places......but a 12 year old could cook better wings. The "spicy" sauce I selected was not spicy and the other sauce was very bland.

Another problem with Buffalo Wild Wings, and I only have been in two of them now, they are incredibly noisy. Drunks, loud music, tons of TVS, and a barn like atmosphere, makes you want to finish up and get out. It's even hard to hear your waitress above the noise.

Safe to say, I've learned my lesson - no more Buffalo Wild Wings, ever.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We spent 5 days in Beaufort, and tried several different places to eat. This one was by far the best (If you like wings). The wings were plump and juicy and perfectly cooked. I took the medium and in hindsight should have taken the hot. My friend took the mild and he absolutely enjoyed them. Our young waitress was so pleasant and cheerful. Definitely a place to go if in Beaufort

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2017

If you like being surrounded by all sizes of TVs and noise, then this could be the place for you; otherwise, go somewhere else. Waitress didn't get our orders correct, but did seem marginally interested in serving us. Food was okay and the many sauces available for their wings was nice, as were the wings themselves.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017

BWW has let us down again - this time for the last time. It does not seem to matter where we are, or which one we have visited, it turns out to be a disappointing experience. This time we were in Beaufort with our son and his family and the grandkids wanted to go to BWW so we relented.

Over the years we have stopped going to these places for the same reasons - and it was true in Beaufort. First - the place is way too loud. We understand it is a sports bar, but the decibel level does not need to break any records. You can't hear yourself think - totally unnecessary. Second - the bartenders. It seems to be a universal BWW problem in getting and/or keeping good bartenders. I can't tell you how many I have had to teach how to make a Manhattan, so I don't even try anymore. This time I ordered what I thought would be super simple - vodka martini. I took one sip and my son knew something was wrong by the look on my face. She had made it with sour mix. Really? Sour mix in a martini? We could not get the attention of our server (who only had 2 other tables in the mostly empty restaurant), so my son took the drink back up to the bar. 10 minutes (yes 10 full minutes) later he returned. He watched her make it and she did okay - her excuse for the first one was that she had not used a clean mixer so there must have been residue in it. Really? You admit that - disgusting. The third reason - the food. It just is not that good. They mixed up wing sauce order, cheese sauce with pretzels was cold, and overall taste was just "bleh". There are too many non-cookie cutter places in Beaufort that offer far better quality and service. I really can not recommend this place. And honestly - we are done with going to any BWW establishments - just not worth it.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank ClearwaterJen
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I went last night for food. I eat a bbq burger it was delicious!!!! I drink a strawberry margarita was perfect. I love it!!!!!

Date of visit: September 2016