“Oasis in a desert.”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Ironton
“Oasis in a desert.”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My nephew graduated from Marine boot camp in OCT 2011. I had made a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn but THEY decided to cancel my reservation (my brother's also) without notifying me. The Atlantic Inn was the ONLY place in town that was available. Folks, the Atlantic Inn is what it is- a low, low budget motel. No, the room wasn't spotless and the bathroom wasn't brass and granite but it served the purpose for me (and my brother who stayed in the next room).

Room Tip: Take a look at the rooms first. If you don't think you can spend the night there- then don't...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank 7445OH
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ironton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I agree with the descriptions given by other reviewers but the place was just as I expected from the outside appearance. I can't be too hard on the Atlantic Inn. The hot water was hot and the heat and TV worked and I had a bed to sleep in when there was no other room available in the city. I got just what I paid for and understood what I was getting. I've stayed in worse places.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank KJW275
Defiance, OH
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We asked to see a room prior to paying. On first glance, it was dingy, but the room didnt appear overtly bad, so we took it. First thing we noticed after that was a pop bottle under a chair belonging to a former customer. The toilet seat had a hinge missing, so we had a swivel seat. The bed sheets were clean and white, but the pillowcases were yellow, with burn holes and stains. I did receive a new set. Slept OK, then in AM, it was raining. As I sat on the toilet, I felt water drops on my head and down my back. A strong leak was above me in the ceiling. Then, when I got in the shower (wore my socks, as I didn't trust cleanliness), I discovered my washcloth was a rag...a huge hole was in the center of it. My travel companion complained to the woman who ran the motel, and told her she felt we should get some of our money back. The woman refused to refund any money. Then, to add insult to injury, I left my cell phone on the nightstand; when I called later, the woman said no phone had been found.

Room Tip: There are many reputable hotel chains in area. We were trying to save a buck...sometimes, you get wh...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank vonniern

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I paid for 2 nights, went to get something to eat...came back to my room amd there were roaches in the bed on the walls, behind the curtains & in my sheets crawling on my food!!! I went down to check out because I was too grossed out to stay and after several attempts to get a hold of the front desk to tell him my problem....not only was he not suprised about the "problem" but he only gave me my money back for 1 night!! I had to get out of there!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank buyerbeware206
Louisville
Reviewed 25 September 2008

My wife booked this hotel online-from the pictures it didn't look that bad and it was cheap. When my wife, stepson and I arrived at the hotel and went into our room, it smelled like something I couldn't describe. The bathroom was very dirty also. We had planned to check in and go get something to eat then come back and sleep for a few hours. After seeing the room, we still had planned to stay there, but when we left to go eat, we took all of our things with us because of the overall bad feeling we had about the place. Before we left the parking lot on our way to eat, we decided to check out another hotel. (We didn't think we would have any luck, considering we were there for my other stepson's marine graduation-we figured everything would be booked up). We went to the Hampton Inn, which had a few rooms for about $100 more per night. I'm known as the cheapest person in my family, so it was a big shock to my wife that I would pay the extra to stay somewhere else. It was well worth it!! The Hampton was very nice-they let us check in early, mainly because we had told them of our bad experience at the Atlantic Inn. When we went back to the Atlantic Inn to get our money back, we were expecting a fight. Surprisingly, they didn't argue with us at all-they immediately refunded our credit card. Hmm, almost like they're so use to this happening that they didn't figure there was any point in trying to get us to stay. WHAT A DUMP!!!!!! Richard Williamson, Louisville, Ky.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pkw4rcw