“Terrible customer service!!!”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Olney
“Terrible customer service!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My family and I arrived for an overnight stay on 4/4/12. We reserved two rooms in advance at $151 each. Upon arrival, other family members decided to stay as well and were given the same room for $129. We asked, as a courtesy to the customer, if we could get the "walk-in" rate of $129. The young lady at the front desk, who is completely clueless, gave many excuses as to why not and I then asked to speak with her manager. Unfortunately, she wasn't available to speak with but I was told to call her in 20 minutes. I later spoke with the manager, Tara Anderson, by phone and explained our issue. She said she'd have to look into it and would get back to me. Can you guess??? She didn't. I went down to the front desk before we left to see if Ms. Anderson was available, but she hadn't arrived yet. We left there disappointed.

I followed up with "Hilton Garden Inn" website and commented about our recent stay. Interestingly, they have a "best rate guarantee"! I waited for a week to hear back from them and when I didn't, I called. I spoke with a lovely woman and she asked me to send my complaint to her directly. It was forwarded to Ms. Anderson for a response. Ms. Anderson and I exchanged many emails but they went no where. She just doesn't understand my point. Why were we penalized for planning ahead? Don't they want to know how many guests to expect? Staffing purposes and the like.

The Hilton Garden Inn obviously doesn't care about satisfying customers. All of this over $22.00!! How VERY disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never, ever stay at a Hilton again.

Room Tip: Oh, and the stench outside is sickening!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MKDriver
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear MKDriver,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry about the confusion about your room rate upon checkin and that we weren't able to resolve this immediately. After we spoke and I looked into this further I am glad that we were able to offer a resolution. Once again, I'm sorry about any miscommunication and that your experience was not up to par as we always try to exceed the guests expectations. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We would really enjoy the opportunity for a second chance on your next visit to Beaufort.

Best regards,
Tara Anderson
tara.anderson@hilton.com
843-379-9800
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Charlotte
Reviewed 25 April 2012

When we arrived, the clerk was kind and let us check in early before the 3pm lock in time. BUT, doing the business transaction, we were paying by cash and a credit card. She took the money and handed us a folder. She did not explain anything. We had to ask, where are our keys? Where is our room located? And she gave us no receipt for a large amt. of cash. We had to almost beg her for a receipt. She even looked surprised that we even asked. No talking to us at all. The phone rang and she put the customer on hold the entire time while waiting on us.Never checking in with the customer on hold. Before we got here, I even called and the phone rang constantly with no answer. The room was great and had everything for the disabled. It had extra amenities that we would not see in another high quality hotel. Our room was located at the back of the hotel and there is a huge natural gas supply source outside on the hotel wall. We can smell the scent of gas in the room and entering the sliding backdoors. The scent goes away only when the A/C turns on. Their breakfast buffet was pricey and should have been included with the room rate. Plus, the bread and pastries were very dry and stale. The buffet was large and a server was very very friendly. He went out of his way to satisfy our needs.

Room Tip: Stay away from the gas source.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dorothy G
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the amenities that we offered. However, it seems that during your check in process there were a few problems that should have been handled differently. I do apologize for that. We have a coupleof new front desk agents and as you may know there are always training opportunities that come along with that. I want you to be assured that our policy is to always provide a receipt for every cash transaction at the time payment is being made. She should have given you a receipt at the time. Unfortunately, it looks as if she may have forgotten to do so. I have used your comments as a training tool by looking at how each issue should have been handled. Last, in the rear of our hotel we do have a port that is the exhaust for our high efficiency water tanks. Occasionally, there may be a natural gas smell that is the result of the exhaust from those. Fortunately, it rarely is noticed and it is completely safe. I would have the same concern if I were you so I do thank you for questioning that. Thank you again for commenting and on behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope to see you again in the future. If there is anything further that you may wish to discuss or if I can email you receipts, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Tara Anderson
tara.anderson@hilton.com
843-379-9800
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here over the last weekend and wanted to comment that it was a pleasant experience. The room was clean, the service was what you would expect - prompt and courteous, and the amenities were great. Overall a good stay but nothing stood out to make it really remarkable - this is a good choice if you're looking for a nice place to stay, but at $129 a night, I have to wonder if the equally nice Quality Inn next door would have been the better choice - at $69 a night. I didn't like that the breakfast buffet was $10, so I had boiled eggs and fruit. For the $$ I spent on the room, hot breakfast should have been a given. I spent a lot of time away from the room enjoying Beaufort and the islands, so no matter. :) I'd recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

Excellent, helpful staff. Comfortable beds, adjustable. Free WiFi, HD TV, just a well thought out hotel. Pool, dining, bar and restaurant are all very good. Food is great. Hotel is surrounded be quality dining places. Very good stay.

Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Clean quiet rooms, pleasant helpful staff. Sleepnumber style beds. HD LG flatscreens. Situated within walking distance of restaurants including Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Paid extra for the hot "cook to order" breakfast. On our stay there was a breakfast buffet however the chef will make omlettes and/or waffles to order. If you want continental style, its fine. I will stay again but hit the Huddle House down the street for breakfast instead of eating in.

• Stayed April 2012