Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
US$ 140
US$ 123
US$ 116
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 133/night.

Radisson Hotel Providence Airport(Warwick)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 162
Best Western Airport Inn(Warwick)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
US$ 141
NYLO Providence/Warwick(Warwick)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
US$ 157
US$ 140
All reviewsdog showlarge hotelcommon areasprovidence warwick airportbed was very comfortableindoor poolhotel restauranthousekeeping staffclose to the airportconferencebanquetreunionshuttleunitshighway
Reviewed 23 February 2012

First of all, let me say that I am asking for it by writing this review as I have to stay here again next month. However, I promise that if my next visit is better I will update this review!!!

Let's start at the beginning...my company arranged for many of us to stay here last week for a work event. Upon my arrival at about dusk one evening, the cab turns the corner to come around to the front of the hotel and I realize that this is where I am going to spend the next week of my life. My description is going to sound a bit dramatic and I know this, but this is how my brain works. My first thought was that it looked like an old converted insane asylum.

The revolving doors at the front had a sign that said please use other door. Weird. So, I opened the manual door and yanked my luggage through and then a bellman came over to open the second set for me. Thank you, sir. OK...this isn't so bad I try to tell myself. The place immediately gave off a vintage fancy vibe. The front desk staff was friendly throughout check in. Although, they had my reservation a bit messed up with my check out date a day early. Got that rectified and was on my merry way.

Got to my room and settled in. It was a nicely remodeled room. Nothing fancy, but nice and clean. I went and checked out the gym...a little small for a hotel of this size, but was sufficient for my needs. That evening I ordered room service and the food was OK...I only ordered soup and salad, but whatevs.

The next several days, our group was confined to the banquet halls/rooms in one of the wings of the hotel. We were served banquet style food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was honestly some of the worst banquet food I have tasted...and some of the oddest. Not to mention, I was usually one of the first ones to each meal and the food was already cold!!! We all joked all week long about getting sick...more to come on that a bit later on!!!

As the week progressed, I realized how thin the walls were. This I noticed when I was startled awake by the sound of a man's voice in my room. Except, upon fully waking, I realized he wasn't in my room, but was in the room next to me. I could hear his SKYPE conversation with his wife and baby as if they were sitting on the bed next to me. Creepy. Not to mention his constant hacking and snot spitting I had to endure as I was getting ready every morning. Gross.

So, Friday comes and I find a check out receipt under my door. I thought I took care of this at check in. I called down and explained I wasn't leaving until Saturday. They said they would simply "extend" me. I tried to explain again, but was cut short with the explanation that the extension would take care of it. Whatevs. Later that afternoon I go to use the gym and my key no longer works. Down to the front desk I go. They had cut my key off I am assuming due to the check out error.

I will say, however, that ALL of the staff I encountered was very nice and helpful. I have not one complaint about any single one of them. They are doing their jobs quite nicely.

My final experience. I order room service Friday night which consisted of a turkey sandwich and soup. As I am eating my meal I start to feel a little weird in the stomach. Hmmm...odd. Nothing else really happens, I go to bed and wake up EARLY to catch a flight. I am feeling a little more odd at this point, but nothing has happened as of yet...just a little dizzy and slightly nauseas. I am on my first leg of the flight home and I suddenly have an overwhelming need to vomit. So, for the next 6-7 hours in 2 different airports and on 2 different flights, I vomit my brains out. I finally make it home and think I am going to die. I sleep until the next day when I wake up feeling fine. This was no flu...this was food poisoning.

I am really dreading coming back here next month, but I will be bringing my own food so I will avoid any food issues...so that's already a positive, right?

The hotel's negatives, in my opinion, are the thin walls and the food!!! The hotel's positives are its staff and its location to the airport.

I know that my overall experience was probably not so bad to receive a 2 star rating, however, I say they are lucky they are getting a 2 star after I got sick.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mandinkadell
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Have stayed here many times and it never disappoints. The rooms are large, the beds extremely comfortable, and the conference rooms are comfortable. Alfreds is a great place for a drink and to unwind.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I spent a few nights there two different times in the last coupe of weeks while attending a conference. Really clean hotel with great conference room facilities. The hotel has a free shuttle from and to the airport which makes it even more accessible.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2011

room was large with plenty of space to spread out and a good size work desk. Blankets had a weird grid pattern that was raised - ended up taking it off the bed to avoid the ridges. $19. for breakfast buffet was costly- scrambled eggs not ready for 30 min, yogurt=only plain, very basic, NO fruit only fruit juice; conference facilities worked smoothly, 2 conference lunches served were very good. Lots of shuffling of plates as a nice salad had bacon bits on it for everyone leaving the vegetarians in a bind waiting for replacement salads.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. It worked well for that. The meeting rooms and food was good. My hotel room was large and quiet, and incredibly affordable at the conference rate. Location was easy to find in suburban area not too far from the airport. It's a long ways from downtown Providence but that's not why we were there. It was close to Goddard State Park on the coast which was beautiful for walking. Grocery store was close, but no refrigerator in the room. One would fit easily in the spacious area under the large counter with two sinks. Climate control in rooms and meeting areas was strange. You set the temperature and it alternates putting out hot and cold air to always keep it right at that temperature. In colder weather, I'm used to only using the heater, setting the thermostat to a temperature, and the heater only comes on when the temperature drops below that. In this hotel, if the temperature drops below the thermostat set temperature, the heater comes on, the room temperature increases, and then the air conditioner comes on to reverse it. Having the air conditioner come on in the winter and blast out cold air just because the heater made the room one degree warmer than the thermostat was not fun. Be prepared in the meeting room to be taking jackets and scarves off and on minute to minute as air constantly blasts out alternating between heat and air conditioning!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business