“Pretty typical Panera”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #25 of 77 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Deli
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Wakefield is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Standard menu and "atmosphere." Like most Panera locations, very few places to sit that have power available for computer.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I am bigger fan of the Panera soups, than I am for their sandwiches. But, I also find I can do just as well at home having a soup and sandwich for a portion of the cost. But, if in the Wakefield Mall during lunchtime, the smell coming from the restaurant may be too much to overcome and will draw you in! Not the choice you can make for a meal.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I love the food here. There is a lot of variety with many things to choose from. I am watching my weight and recently met some friends at Panera. The calories are all posted there and on the internet. I find that to be very helpful.
You have to wait on yourself which I really don't mind especially if I am meeting a friend and might take a little longer than I would at a regular restaurant where there are servers. I don't like to hog the table when the wait staff more than likely depends on tips!
The food is well prepared and I find the staff working there are very pleasant. The
manager works right along with everyone of the staff members. She goes out of her way to make all of the customers feel welcome. The restaurant is clean and attractive. I have met three friends (separately) there recently for lunch. It was relaxing and a very good experience each time!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

You can always rely on Panera for a good lunch. I used the kiosk and was in an out in 5 minutes. I ordered soup for four and was delighted that it came with for cups, spoons, and pieces of bread, as well as a ladle to serve it!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I'll begin by stating that this is a good default breakfast and lunch place, with a decent atmosphere and healthy meal choices. However, they keep messing with the menus, and for me, there are few things more frustrating than being all ready to order your favorite thing (the last time it was the salad with grilled salmon) and being told it is no longer on the menu.
Recently I stopped in and ordered a "Pick Two" combination, which consisted of French onion soup and a half turkey-avocado sandwich. The soup was a big disappointment, with a handful of freshly-grated cheese plunked on top of the broth. This is NOT French onion soup, people. You have to BAKE the cheese so it MELTS, otherwise, you defeat the purpose. The sandwich came on indifferent sliced white bread and was, unlike many of their sandwiches, dry and tasteless. They should get back to basics and pay more attention to flavor.