“Good food - Pure and Simple!”

Cindy's Country Cafe
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Breakfast at Cindy's Country Cafe was recommended by an employee at Rail Explorers, so my wife and I wanted to try it out. This diner was almost full to capacity when we entered so this was a good sign. We were immediately seated near the entranceway and greeted by a friendly waitress. We ordered veggie omelets, home fries, toast and coffee. The food was very delicious and everything was cooked fresh to order. There were many families coming in to eat and they seemed like locals as well as travelers passing through. We did not eat any muffins but it looks like they offered only two kinds of muffins and they looked large. The diner offered all the usual diner foods: bacon, ham and corned beef hash. The food was excellent and I would eat there again.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We noticed this darling little place right off the bat and had a wonderful breakfast there. They are only open until two most days, so get there quick!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The food is simply great. There it's nothing super amazing or special about the decor but the food is always great and so is the service. You aren't going to walk in and find yourself in a fancy Newport breakfast location.... the food is better here. This is where the locals eat. The portions are gigantic, so beware! Plus there is usually something interesting on the menu.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I am sure the Black Goose Grill has great food BUT when we went for breakfast their cooking grill was not working. We came I've to Cindy's paid a fraction of the charge to get a great breakfast and enjoyed the food. I had the Egg Benedict and my kids had the Italian Omelet. The bride had a Portuguese breakfast. Great food. If you want to save a few dollars, this is the place for breakfast!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We started off our morning trying the stuffed french toast and was blown away by the portion size. If you like french toast and a home style breakfast, i would give Cindy's a chance on your way through town. We go back every week !!!