All reviews rooftop bar gas fireplace boutique hotel my husband and i small plates apple tv saltwater pool top floor the heated bathroom floor homemade granola small hotel beautiful hotel oats the entire staff live entertainment great attention to detail beachy feel
Reviewed 1 November 2018

My husband and I visited The Break for their "Wine Dine & Doze" promotion on Halloween night. We are big fans of this property for a lot of reasons and visit when we can. It is beautifully styled in every detail. The location is fantastic. The service is great and the promotion exceeded all expectations.
Right after checking in, we went up to the rooftop bar and had a cocktail and "Buck-A-Shuck" raw bar and other appetizers. Fresh and local fare! Delicious! Then out to the heated pool for a nice swim on a cool day. Awesome. Up to the room to relax a bit and then down to the lobby for a wine tasting with amazing small bites prepared by Chef Joe, who is incredible. As if that wasn't enough, we went back up to the rooftop for dinner. The food was extraordinary. Apparently Chef Joe is fairly new to The Break and they need to hang on to him. I'm half British and was raised on fresh fish & chips every Friday, prepared by my grandmother from England. I got spoiled and I know good fish and chips! I'm here to tell you that dish was the best I ever had. No joke. Not to mention the homemade tartar sauce, which I NEVER eat anyway because its usually crap out of a jar. This was world class, same for the house made coleslaw . Delicately flavored with organic apple cider vinegar and super tender. It was amazing. The whole meal was amazing. Now what I'm going to say next is the absolute truth. We had a $42 bottle of wine, 2 apps, 2 entrees, and 2 espressos and the total bill with the promotion came to $9. Yup! $9. We had 5 star food and service and the bill was $9. We gave a $31 tip, but the promo brought the actual check to $9. How you ask? The wine was half off and they issued an $85 dinner credit under the promo. And did I mention the wine pairing was also included for us under the promo. There is another restaurant in Providence we frequent for wine parings and its $75 per person.
And the room was $199, which in season is closer to $500.
I love this property for so many reasons. Its as beautiful as any of the hundreds of places I've stayed in all over the world and its right in my back yard in Narragansett, RI. If you are within 100 miles of The Break, take a detour and get there. You wont be disappointed; in fact you will be amazed. What a jewel!

Room tip: Every room is impeccable! Heated floors, robes, coffee, High Style!
1  Thank Jim V
Becky D, Owner at The Break, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

YES YES AND YES TO THE WINE DINE AND DOZE PACKAGE!!! It is a great way to try new wine and then just slip into a comfy bed at the end of it all. You can wake up fresh a daisy and even make it to work on time the next day!!
Such a great deal!!
Thanks for mentioning that you are a well-traveled person who stays all over the world and our hotel stands up to the best of them!! We truly appreciate that compliment!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel! From the moment we arrived when the valet met us at the door to the staff at the front desk when checking out, everyone and everything was fabulous. Spent the weekend visiting URI for a soccer game and found this wonderful boutique hotel that is one block from the beach. The room was great - comfortable linens, heated bathroom floor, gas fireplace and balcony to enjoy the view. Every meal was delicious - great menu selection and multiple areas to sit and enjoy. The view from the rooftop bar area overlooking the ocean was fantastic. Even had a chance to meet the owner while we were sitting at the bar, was fun to learn about the hotel and the town. By far the best part of our stay were all of the staff. Everyone couldn’t have been more friendly, attentive, and accommodating. Would also highly suggest the Spa. My husband and I had massages by Dale and Pat, a great 1 hour escape and felt amazing after our treatment. Again, we would highly recommend The Break and just wanted to say Thank You to the entire staff for making our stay so enjoyable! We will absolutely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy13510
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

The ocean view. The breakfasts. The incredibly bubbly staff. The extra touches. Thank you, Kim, for making our 20th anniversary so special. We felt pampered and “loved” from the greetings in the morning to the exceptional breakfasts. The homemade bagels were so yummy and the overnight oats were so delicious! We could see the ocean from our room, and almost as if you guys had planned it, a rainbow appeared on our anniversary! We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey L
Kim B, Assistant Manager at The Break, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Stacey,

Happy Anniversary! It was so nice to have met you both and we are happy you chose The Break to celebrate your special day.
Thank you for the wonderful review, we pride ourselves in making sure our guests are having a great time.
I am glad Mother Nature was able to make your day even brighter! Hope to see you on your next anniversary!
Have a great fall season.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

There's just something about this place ... you can read all about the decor and amenities and its all true and beautiful. If your looking for a great get away kinda off the beaten track in a sandy beachy- beautiful part of RI, go for it and splurge on a stay at The Break. You wont be disappointed. Enjoy it all - heated, saline pool, rooftop bar, bikes, the breakfast (!!!) and the room. Thank you to everyone at The Break - its truly a special place.

xxooxxoo be back soon!

Room tip: All rooms are awesome - depends if you want sun SET or RISE/pool view. We picked Pool side.
1  Thank Suzanne W
Reviewed 26 September 2018

This was our first visit to Rhode Island. I came across The Break while surfing the internet. My husband and I had a wonderful stay. The hotel is beautifully decorated. We enjoyed all the amenities from the pool, breakfast, rooftop lounge and an amazing couples massage. The hotel is located to several nearby beaches and restaurants. We would highly recommend and would love to return.

Room tip: Beach front with balcony
Date of stay: August 2018