“Fabulous lobster roll!”
Review of Coast Guard House

Coast Guard House
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Guard House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Narragansett
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Spectacular waterfront dining overlooking Narragansett Bay. Offering an array of creative cuisine; supporting all aspects of sustainable agriculture and aquaculture. We use local farms when possible and source produce for quality and sustainability. Our seafood is sourced from purveyors that are dedicated to locating species from areas that produce the best tasting and highest quality seafood available.
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Four of us had dinner here. The service was friendly and efficient. Michael made our experience really enjoyable. All of the food — lobster roll, steamed lobster, shrimp appetizer, and flourless chocolate cake— was excellent. We will be back.

CoastGuardHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Coast Guard House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

DonnaElizabeth0304
We are happy to hear our lobster roll did not disappoint. We will be sure to share with Michael!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Fish smell about knocked me over when we came in. Angus burger was so dry that the the tiny amount of ketchup I was given was not nearly enough to get it down. Bun was stale. Had better fast food burgers. No one ever offered to refill my water glass. Very noisy so couldn't hear those seated with me.

CoastGuardHouse, General Manager at Coast Guard House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

k p
We are sorry you had a disappointing experience. We are committed to providing a relaxing and enjoyable dining experience, which at times can be very convivial. Our locally sourced Sunset Burger which is 1/2 ground pork and 1/2 ground beef is always a guest hit. We do hope you visit us again when visiting in Narragansett.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We have been here numerous times over the years, but not recently. The restaurant seems to have been remodeled since our last visit and is more open now and fresher. Despite being a Wednesday, we made a reservation and were glad we did. It was very busy! Although we had requested a table by a window (the day before), we were seated near a window, still with “good” views. To start, we ordered a plate of calamari, which was delicious. It really was too large for even two to share, but we managed to finish it! Both of our wines were quite good: a Rose Tempernilla and a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. My husband chose the monkfish with coconut curry, book choy, radishes and butternut squash. I had a bite and it melted in my mouth! My pan roasted sea scallops were fantastic. They were served on a bed of polenta with a wonderful tomato and bacon sauce! Very unusual flavoring! Somehow we were still able to find room for dessert. My husband had the bread pudding that was cinnamon spiced, had a whiskey caramel mix, with mascarpone whip and a crunchy cashew topping! My honey flan was served with mixed fresh berries, a phyllo crisp and a honey mint “semifreddo”. I have no idea what that was, but the combination was incredibly delicious! The service was good despite being so busy and we did not feel pushed to hurry with our meal. I am sure we will return again when in the area!

muffinAvon
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience! We just changed our menu for the summer season and are happy to hear you enjoyed your selections. We do hope you dining with us again!
Cheers

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Based on reviews, my husband and I made reservations for 5:30pm.
We were 5 minutes early but were seated right away. Water was brought quickly as well.
That’s where service dropped. We sat for over 10 minutes without any contact. When our waiter came we ordered drinks, appetizer and dinner. Appetizer came before drinks, when dinner came we had no utensils. Food was mediocre.
Will not return.

Priscilla K
We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to address this issue with our servers. We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

First time going here this weekend. One word, amazing. At first one of the hostess girls taking the customers numbers to input into the iPad to get a text that the table was ready, had a terrible attitude, which later she ended up fixing. Anyways, Bob, not sure if he was the owner or manager, did an amazing job accommodating my boyfriend & I. He helped us get a table near the ocean front when it was our turn to be seated. Not to mention, the food was fanstastic. The lobster roll is the best one I had in RI. All lobster meat, definitely not stringy with the meat. And for the price you can’t beat that. We also ordered the ice crusher, fresh clams, oysters and shrimps. Also clam chowder is a must! I will 100% return this summer.

P.s margaritas were also amazing. Lost count of how many were ordered. Ok

Evelyn F
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your lobster roll & raw bar. We look forward to your return and be sure to share with Bob!
Cheers!