All reviews beach bar fire pit frozen drinks private beach the owner every summer rooms are clean several years no frills would stay again private parking can't wait to go back within walking distance ocean view stephanie deck battle
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I was smoking a cigarette with a few other guests, outside of my room.But I had a “manager” tell me and the guests I was with to go to bed. There was no loud behavior, she was very rude in EVERY encounter I had. I work on this beach and I will NEVER recommend MY guests to stay here. Unfortunate because my family stays here every year but we have decided to take out business elsewhere.

4  Thank Angélica T
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I stayed at the Sandy Shore with my daughter and six year old, twin grandsons for three nights last week. We loved it. Our one bedroom apartment was no frills, but was equipped with a full sized refrigerator and stove. There were dishes and utensils available. The air conditioning worked fine and there were plenty of clean towels. The shower had good water pressure, and endless hot water. Our beds had fresh, clean linen and were very comfortable. There was daily maid service.
This motel is right on the beach. We were one flight up, and had a gorgeous view of the water. There was a large sitting area on our level where guests could set up their beach chairs. The music from the beach bar added to the holiday atmosphere.
The beach is private, and had a lifeguard on duty. Our boys had a wonderful time playing in the water.
There are restaurants and shops within walking distance of the motel. The office had a number of restaurant take-out menus. We had a wonderful vacation. I would love to return in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
sandyshore1212, Front Office Manager at Sandy Shore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, our staff try to ensure our guests have a memorable stay. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and that your grandchildren had a blast! We hope to see you all on your next getaway!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I'm writing this review the day of my return from our stay at the Sandy Shore to acknowledge the first rate staff that we encountered. They made it easy to ignore the shortcomings of the physical location. The young woman at the front desk juggled her multi-tasks, and needy guests (especially us) with the utmost professionalism, and cheerful exuberance. Housekeeping and maintenance were always available and provided top notch service staying ahead of the uphill battle of maintaining a beach front venue where sand and water and careless guests (especially us) are relentlessly working against them. Thank them when you see them. The physical motel is ok. Lower your expectations on issues of fit and finish and you'll be fine. It's clean. You're safe. It's just about in the ocean. You can't get any closer. I was worried about the bar ruining the family atmosphere. It didn't because the staff is professional, and the guests were all there for the love of the ocean setting. In time management will loosen the purse strings and freshen up the joint, maybe pop for some better mattresses. In the mean time give it a try, I doubt you'll regret it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
sandyshore1212, Front Office Manager at Sandy Shore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

We at the Sandy Shore are glad to hear you had a great stay! Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your getaway. Our staff try their best every day to make sure our guests needs are taken care of. We will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you for your review! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Decent room but missing a lot of key amenities. For instance no phone in the room, no ice machine (but you could purchase a small bag for $3), no blow dryer, no Kleenex, one minuscule closet with two pants hangers (no other clothing storage) and a shower smaller than on a cruise ship.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to Sandy Shore for years. The bartenders are great but Stephanie is by far the best!!! We had a problem with our shower valve and Nate (maintenance) was all over it immediately. He went out to get the necessary parts for a temporary fix. The next day he said a plumber was bringing the needed parts. He kept us informed of the situation and had the issue fixed quickly. We have stayed at several places on the beach and we would never stay anywhere but Sandy Shore! They treat you like family. What more can you ask for private parking, private beach (and STEPHANIE)and a fully stocked bar on the beach with the best frozen drinks around

Date of stay: July 2018