All reviewsbasketball courtcookiesfull size fridgean extended stayseparate bedroomhigh pricesfree breakfastbusiness centergreat place to stayevening receptionthe sofa bedfamily vacationminute driveroom was spotlessvery nice hotelhot breakfastfront desk staff
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at this awesome hotel with my aunt and I was highly impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and grounds. I thought the hotel staff was certainly very friendly and helpful By The Way. Continental breakfast was very good and delicious. :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located in a cluster of hotels and restaurants just off the Pell bridge. They offer a service throughout the day for the van to take you to downtown Newport and then pick you up. There was a nightly managers cocktail hour that offered free wine, beer, and pretty decent food. They offered hot dogs one night and chicken sandwiches the next. Breakfast in the morning was your standard Residence Inn fare. Our room was very spacious, clean, and the pull out couch was actually comfortable. They offer the military rate for families moving into or out of the Newport area. I would highly recommend this hotel to families visiting Newport. We will definitely be using this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The only thing that made me sad was that I only got to stay for two and a half days! It's everything you expect from a Residence Inn. Clean place to lay your head and a nice staff.

I didn't take advantage of the breakfast but it sure did look and smell good. I liked that they always had fresh coffee available.

As a business traveler, I am sometimes in need of a printer but even though I didn't use their business center, I looked for it. Nicely appointed space with PCs and printers.

The hotel is centrally located to a number of businesses. I was only there for two days, so I didn't get a chance to explore. I did have dinner at Anthony's Seafood one night. All I can say is wow!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank thinkdammit
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Booked two rooms here in June for a short vacation in the Newport area and was so pleased with the accommodations at the Residence Inn Middletown! Wayne at the front desk was so helpful upon arrival (thank you Wayne!) and our rooms were ready early which was an added bonus! The hotel is updated, clean, with friendly staff and in close proximity to the Newport area without the high prices. The evening mixer with complimentary wine or beer and snacks was fun and such a nice touch! The breakfast provided alleviated the search for food first thing in the morning. Food items were hot and refilled continuously. Can't say enough good things about this hotel...would definitely recommend and would stay here again if in the area in the future! Thank you all!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stayed here for a week and felt right at home. The staff was nice and professional and the room was comfortable - a pretty typical Residence Inn. It's a quick drive to town and there is a grocery store very nearby as well as a number of places to eat. I found it a little confusing getting to the hotel when I first arrived - it's sort of situated behind a Howard Johnson's when you're looking at it from the main road.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business