All reviews basketball court cookies full size fridge an extended stay separate bedroom high prices free breakfast business center great place to stay evening reception the sofa bed family vacation minute drive room was spotless very nice hotel hot breakfast front desk staff
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Standard Residence Inn by Marriott couple of miles from downtown; they provide a shuttle service to downtown Newport, a massive help given difficulty finding parking in Newport. Friendly staff, plenty of parking.. Nice breakfast selections.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank znn786
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

I've never stayed in a Residence Inn before, but this set the standard!! It was amazing. The rooms were spacious and clean. There was a pool, hot tub, exercise room, and a bar. I would highly suggest that anyone stay here. It was a great experience for my family.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thathelenwheels
Mr_Jeff_Miller, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

We are so glad you decided to try out a Residence Inn. It's a great brand that offers lots of extra space and amenities in a casual setting. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay & hope you will return. Sincerely, Jeff

Reviewed 22 June 2015

On a weekend getaway to Newport from NYC, but the hotels there are super-expensive. This one had great prices and was not too far (about a 12 minute drive through local roads) so we figured we'd give it a shot. We brought our car, so it was easy for us to get to and from the hotel to the "city" area.

Firstly, the staff was really friendly and respectful. We had some trouble with the griddle iron for the breakfast (which was very organized and tasted quite good). One of the nice ladies who worked there spent time with us to fix the iron and help us make a fresh one. She didn't have to go out of her way, but she did and it was really nice of her to do so.

The front desk is very polite, and they promptly checked us in without any issues and asked more than once if there was anything at all that we needed. That was very nice of them and much appreciated.

There is a pool on the property, although we didn't get a chance to use it. It was a decent sized pool though.

The room was HUGE. I mean, we were astonished that it was so big, practically a small apartment. It could have been that it was on a corner in the building so this particular room was large. I'm making an assumption, but it was really big and if you need a place to lay out posters and projects (if you're on a business trip) then this is perfect for you. Plenty of lighting, a big desk, tons of drawers and 2 heating/AC units.

Everything was very clean. The bathroom, the shower, toilet, everything. At the end of the day, we all want a clean, comfortable place to sleep with fresh sheets and towels, and this place far exceeds that standard. The bathroom was slightly smaller than I expected, but it didn't bother me one bit. Wifi was flawless. Everything worked as it should.

If you're visiting Newport, I definitely recommend this hotel to stay in. The prices are very reasonable and it is not very far from all of the coolness along the water.

If I visited Newport again, I would definitely stay at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abi W
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

After staying at the residence inn, my husband and I were very pleased with the hotel. The room was very clean and in great condition and the building itself seemed to be extremely well kept. Check in was smooth and quick and they placed us on a non-pet floor as we requested. The room was really spacious with a full kitchen and a sitting area. We did not use the pool but it did look very inviting and the pool area seemed to be very well maintained. There are definitely cheaper options in Middletown but if you want to spend a little extra while it still being reasonable for a really nice and comfortable stay, then I would definitely recommend staying here. I have no complaints at all and can't think of anything negative regarding the residence inn. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return on your next Newport visit. Sincerely, Jeff

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

I had some water damage in my home and needed to stay in a local hotel for several days. Jeff, the manager, was extremely helpful with arranging for a 2 bedroom suite for my family. The room had 2 beds, 2 full baths and a sleeper sofa. The kitchen had full-sized appliances including a dishwasher and plenty of cooking and eating utensils. The bedding and pillows were super comfy. Free wifi was great - even for streaming Netflix. My only complaint is that the living room furniture was not at all comfortable. But, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: June 2015