“Great place to stay”

Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 22 June 2015

On a weekend getaway to Newport from NYC, but the hotels there are super-expensive. This one had great prices and was not too far (about a 12 minute drive through local roads) so we figured we'd give it a shot. We brought our car, so it was easy for us to get to and from the hotel to the "city" area.

Firstly, the staff was really friendly and respectful. We had some trouble with the griddle iron for the breakfast (which was very organized and tasted quite good). One of the nice ladies who worked there spent time with us to fix the iron and help us make a fresh one. She didn't have to go out of her way, but she did and it was really nice of her to do so.

The front desk is very polite, and they promptly checked us in without any issues and asked more than once if there was anything at all that we needed. That was very nice of them and much appreciated.

There is a pool on the property, although we didn't get a chance to use it. It was a decent sized pool though.

The room was HUGE. I mean, we were astonished that it was so big, practically a small apartment. It could have been that it was on a corner in the building so this particular room was large. I'm making an assumption, but it was really big and if you need a place to lay out posters and projects (if you're on a business trip) then this is perfect for you. Plenty of lighting, a big desk, tons of drawers and 2 heating/AC units.

Everything was very clean. The bathroom, the shower, toilet, everything. At the end of the day, we all want a clean, comfortable place to sleep with fresh sheets and towels, and this place far exceeds that standard. The bathroom was slightly smaller than I expected, but it didn't bother me one bit. Wifi was flawless. Everything worked as it should.

If you're visiting Newport, I definitely recommend this hotel to stay in. The prices are very reasonable and it is not very far from all of the coolness along the water.

If I visited Newport again, I would definitely stay at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abi W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

After staying at the residence inn, my husband and I were very pleased with the hotel. The room was very clean and in great condition and the building itself seemed to be extremely well kept. Check in was smooth and quick and they placed us on a non-pet floor as we requested. The room was really spacious with a full kitchen and a sitting area. We did not use the pool but it did look very inviting and the pool area seemed to be very well maintained. There are definitely cheaper options in Middletown but if you want to spend a little extra while it still being reasonable for a really nice and comfortable stay, then I would definitely recommend staying here. I have no complaints at all and can't think of anything negative regarding the residence inn. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Mr_Jeff_Miller, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return on your next Newport visit. Sincerely, Jeff

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

I had some water damage in my home and needed to stay in a local hotel for several days. Jeff, the manager, was extremely helpful with arranging for a 2 bedroom suite for my family. The room had 2 beds, 2 full baths and a sleeper sofa. The kitchen had full-sized appliances including a dishwasher and plenty of cooking and eating utensils. The bedding and pillows were super comfy. Free wifi was great - even for streaming Netflix. My only complaint is that the living room furniture was not at all comfortable. But, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Recent stay at Residence Inn, Newport/Middletown R. I. was awesome. Staff and amentities absolutely make you feel like a comfortable home setting, not a hotel. Suite makes a huge difference for an extended stay. Living room with tv and kitchen with separate bedroom (also with tv) was great. Huge plate of fresh baked cookies in the lobby every night (irresistable), with a wonderful bar-b-que on Tuesday nights, all complimentary with wine, beer and soft drinks. Unbelievable. Pool and whirlpool one of the nicest, perfect temperature, light filled, and lots of towels. There for over a week visiting family early June. Will always stay here from now on. Off season rates reasonable for what you get. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy J

Dear Wendy J. It sounds like you had a great time and tool full advantage of our amenities including our complimentary food, craft beer & wine, fresh baked cookies, pool and others. So nice to hear you had a terrific time. Come back soon! Jeff

Reviewed 10 June 2015

This is a very nice hotel for families and couples. I stayed there for a week by myself and five weeks with my family.

The rooms are nice and spacious, the staff is exceptionally nice and everything works well. Breakfasts are good and the section is something you will not get fed up with even in a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
0.3 km away
3.3 km away
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
2.3 km away
Cambria Hotel & Suites Newport

Been to Residence Inn Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK