All reviews pancake machine front desk cinnamon rolls free breakfast bagels parking lot dvd player platinum member the breakfast area workout room desk staff would stay here again late at night fridge and microwave king bed the room was nice pool and hot tub
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Susan at the front desk was very friendly at check in. Our room was on the first floor at the end of the corridor - we were concerned about noise because it was right next to the outside door but it turned out fine. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. They also had a little Keurig coffee machine but unfortunately it was on top of the microwave which was on top of the refrigerator so it was way above eye level - it was difficult to figure out where to pour the water! The towels were nice and soft - a real plus for me! However, the room was a little tired - peeling wallpaper and apparent wear. The real issue though was breakfast - this was Memorial Day Weekend and the hotel was booked. We went down to breakfast and the place was mobbed! Now - that's no big deal except that there wasn't any coffee at all (all 6 containers were empty) and the poor staff could not work fast enough to keep the food filled - and they were working hard. They really needed more help - this can't be a surprise when the hotel is totally booked!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear MaureenT7224,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the noise levels and serve at breakfast. Let us assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you book your reservation, up until you leave our property. It is truly regrettable that we did not meet your expectations. Nevertheless, I appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future and we hope give us the chance.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 May 2016

We booked this hotel with the IHG app. which works realy well.
The reception at the front desk was friendly and our 2 room suite was ready on arrival.
There is plenty free parking space in front of the hotel, we stayed in a 2 room suite with tv in both rooms.
The separation wall between the bedroom and the sitting room was vibrating and making noises from the lower floor. Fridge and Coffee maker where working and clean, We do not understand why Holiday Inn only provides 3 cups of coffee for the coffee maker instead of 2 or 4 (for 2 people) but we experienced this before.
Bed was good and clean, bathroom was clean but after using water some ants showed up.
The hotel is situated a few miles from downtown Newport, there are some restaurants in the area, there is a small shopping area on the otherside of the road.
Breakfast and all other services as expected from Holiday Inn Express, what you see is what you get.
Overall not a bad stay for 2 nights, price was high compared to other HI locations, and the season was not even started.

Room Tip: goed voor 1 a 2 nachten.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Dear Willem C,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Middletown Newport, RI. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 May 2016

I was not happy with any part of my dealings with this particular hotel. I book my room two months in advance. I choose this hotel because it is pet friendly only to receive a call from the hotel 1 hour before check in on the day of that room I booked you can not have a pet in. When I booked the room I specifically noted that we were traveling with our dog. I was asked if we still wanted to stay at the hotel and if so they would have to change our room. We were set to get on the road and was too late to try to find another hotel because family was expecting us arrive that day. Once I got to the hotel upon checking we were switched from a king suite to nasty smelling dirty small room with two tiny twin beds. The treatment I received was if I was less than because of traveling with a pet. The manager offered no apologies for the treatment nor did they do the right by fixing the bill to reflect the much lesser room.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
srnhg, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in Middletown, RI. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we apologize if you did not experience our best efforts.

The hotel is not pet friendly and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this misinformation. We are also sorry for the issues you experienced with your guest room accommodations. We will be addressing your concerns with the manager of the hotel.

We hope you were able to enjoy the amenities the hotel offers such as complimentary breakfast, wifi and our indoor pool. We hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

I've been coming to this hotel for the last four years as my daughter attended Roger Williams Univ. - These last two weekends were to the prep to get her and belongings home, hem a formal dress and Graduation. Front desk on both occasions were so friendly - the first weekend, I was informed there were three basketball teams and a cheerleading team stay here and that if for ANY reason, they were loud or crazy to let them no. I had no issues what so every. Thank you Alicia for caring. I left my cell phone charger in the room when I check out and called the hotel from the road and hoped housekeeping would find it but when I arrived the second weekend, they had found nothing. :0( Second weekend however, the property was full and I was lucky enough to get upgraded to a suite (nice touch) and the only problem was that housekeeping forgot to check the fridge and a quart of frozen milk was left behind from a previous guest. Front desk was notified and extremely apologetic - and they took a deduction of my rate, they didn't have to do that. This hotel is great for parents of college kids and those looking to visit Newport too !!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
srnhg, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Thank you for being a repeat guest at the Holiday Inn Express in Middletown, RI. We are pleased to hear that our staff, our amenities, and the hotel itself met/exceeded your expectations. We are glad we were able to upgrade your room to a suite. We appreciate your patronage and hope to continue to welcome you back beyond graduation!

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Prior to finding this hotel, we stayed in various other places in both Newport and Middletown. However, the Holiday Inn Express has become our hotel of choice in this area. We spent Mother's Day weekend there, and, once again, had a wonderful stay. Our room was clean, comfortable, and convenient, with both a refrigerator and a microwave oven (which comes in so handy when you have a doggy-bag from a restaurant!), and a coffeemaker. Because we are already familiar with the fact that there is a DVD player in the room, we brought our own DVDs this time; however, it is so convenient to borrow a DVD at the front desk. I particularly enjoy the fact that there is 24-hour-a-day coffee and tea in the breakfast room. Not every Holiday Inn Express offers this, and I just love it. Since we drive to Middletown and have a car, we find the ability to park without having to valet park or pay for parking particularly convenient at this hotel. We do have to drive into Newport to visit the mansions, but it is a very short drive (although there can be traffic). This hotel is so conveniently located--you can walk to the Chili's right on the property, and it is a short drive to Newport or to the Newport winery or to other restaurants in Middletown. The included breakfast is great for us, and has many good choices, including apples, bananas, and yogurt. We were not able to enjoy the pool or the gym the first night, because the hotel was CROWDED with youngsters (a sports team perhaps?) who were totally enjoying the facility. However, we did get to use everything the second night. I do want to mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We always feel very welcome here, and it is one of the reasons why we continue to return. As I said, we have stayed in other places in the area and now we stay ONLY here--we feel it is a great value and is convenient and comfortable as well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for being our guests at the Holiday Inn Express in Middletown/Newport and writing such a great review.

As you mentioned, guests enjoy our convenient location, just minutes from downtown Newport. Our complimentary breakfast is a favorite amenity of many of our guests, and we also offer an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness facility, business center, Wi-Fi, and Chili’s Restaurant on site.

We hope to see you again soon!