“Very nice stay”

Courtyard Newport Middletown
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed two nights and was very impressed with both the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly staff. Good location only ten minutes drive to downtown Newport and beaches. I went in the winter festival celebration and it was nice relaxing in the pool and spa after being on my feet all day. I had dinner at the cafe and it was very nice and reasonable and I didn't have to leave the hotel. The hotel has been updated since my last visit and has lots of extras like the portals (see their website ) fireplace big screen TV's and several computers for patrons in the lobby. would definitely recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beachmom4evr

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Went on a trip to Newport the day after Christmas. My Aunt and I stayed three nights. I hadn't stayed at a Courtyard since they did them over. I was very impressed with how the place looked. The rooms were very nice. The beds were comfortable. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ktobias
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel is in a great location, only 10-15 minutes from the historic section of Newport, RI. Plenty of places to eat right around the hotel and a couple of grocery stores. As for the hotel itself, it's newly renovated and it's beautiful. Everything is clean and feels new. The style is great, appealing and contemporary. The fitness room is good, with 2 treadmills, a bike machine, and an elliptical. It has a huge wall of mirror, it's own temperature control, a water cooler, wipes, and a tv for the room. Our room was nicely updated, with a separate sink area open to the room and the toilet and bath in a separate room. My mom and I stayed in a 2 bed room and we enjoyed the flatscreen tv (with HBO) and ergonomic chair and desk. Good internet connectivity, but no wireless, which was somewhat unfortunate, as I was trying to connect with my iPhone. The pool area looked nice, but was full of kids most of the time.
The common area was very cool, with several different areas: reading area with periodicals, movie watching area with a large tv, lounge area with fireplace, large eating area high counter, booth (with small tv), and regular table seating. The food service area looked well stocked and clean, although I heard that some people ordered a plate of nachos and it cost something like $15, so you pay for the convenience. There is also a pantry area with candy and snacks and a microwave for the microwave meals and popcorn. I had leftovers I brought back from the day out and the staff was helpful with giving me a plate and silverware and showing me the microwave to reheat it.
This was the best place for us, the least expensive in the area, where we could go out sightseeing for the day and come back to feel comfortable and able to relax. If I ever went back to this area, I would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel the first weekend in December with the intention of visiting Newport. I had considered another hotel, which I believed was oceanfront (but wasn't) and was very glad that we were persuaded by a promotion which Marriott was running. The hotel was very recently rennovated and rooms were lovely and comfortable.

Check in was easy. Although there was a glitch due to the promotion and my needing to have two different bills for two nights, the staff worked with me until they were able to address my need.

Would definitely stay there if visiting Newport again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank stillhouse1
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Very clean and comfortable. Convient location. Lobby with food and drinks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debviola6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
1.6 km away
4.6 km away
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Courtyard Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK