“Absolutely perfect!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
Lionel Champlin Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Jamestown B&B and Inns
San Rafael, California
“Absolutely perfect!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We came to Jamestown for my son's wedding. Most of our family came with us and stayed at the Inn, too. I think we occupied every charming room and the apartment! We all loved it so much and were so comfortable that we referred to it as "going home" each evening when the days events ended. Lisa and Rusty did everything possible to see that we had what we needed to feel at home! Whenever we come back to Jamestown, Lionel Champlin Guest House will definitely be our first choice of places to stay!

Room Tip: If you need something, just ask Lisa or Rusty!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 1happygroomsmom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oxford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My family stayed at the Inn August 2010. It was our second trip to the Lionel Champlin, and this time we brought our 4 year old. Our room was " Aunties Room " and it was a perfect fit. We also traveled with friends who had the appartment. I know they were very pleased as well.
Why anyone would go to a hotel when they could stay in a classic home is beyond my understanding.
Lionel Champlin Inn offers a warm, relaxing home experience. Lisa was a great host!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ferninodj1
Manasquan, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Five longtime friends traveling to Jamestown to visit another longtime friend - who recommended this lovely guest house for us - and it was just right for our purposes. We had the upstairs apartment - which contained two bedrooms with air conditioners, a living room, dining area and kitchen. In the living room was a daybed and trundle, so we had enough sleeping accomodations. Lisa, the owner, was wonderful and very knowledgable about the area, restaurants, etc. She recommended a bakery in Jamestown that had the most wonderful breads, sticky buns and homemade pizza. We went twice. The guest house has all of the original moldings, fireplace, built ins - large porch and sun room. It was the hottest July ever though, and some of the rooms didn't have ac, but we were assured that usually the breezes off the water cool the rooms even in the summer months.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank tufenuf
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I stayed here twice, once alone during a large snowstorm in February and more recently for a few very warm days in May. Both times I was extremely well looked after and welcomed. The innkeeper is a lovely woman with a lot of knowledge of the area and willing to help with all manner of queries. The rooms are spacious, decorated with individuality and flair and with nice bathrooms. I thoroughly enjoyed perusing the bookshelves or taking a walk--It's very well located. The house sits just minutes walk to the harbor, ferry, shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank desertciv
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I stayed two nights in the Rose Room of this inn, in mid-October with my boyfriend. The inn is located on a quiet street within walking distance of many shops and great restaurants. The room was spotlessly clean, furnished with nice, antique-like furniture and filled with a variety of books and interesting artsy "decorations," including old fashionable ladies' shoes and military relics. The room was on the small, but very comfortable, side. It included a very comfy couch with ottoman. There are three windows, on two walls of the room. The room is in the northwest corner of the house. The en suite bathroom was a good size. Even the shower stall was adequate. The mattress was a bit stiff, but I got used to it rather quickly. Maybe it was better for my back anyway :)

I really enjoyed looking at the variety of books (from high school yearbooks, to best sellers, to histories of wars, to humorous titles, to school list titles) in the room. Being a librarian myself, I really appreciated the variety of books, including "controversial" ones. I only wish I could have stayed longer there, to read some of them.

Lisa Davis, the innkeeper, was thoughtful and friendly toward us. But not intrusively friendly. Although her inn is not a Bed and Breakfast, she had coffee, tea and freshly-baked pastries available for her guests every morning; I don't know if that is her regular custom or if this was just a special occasion. She greeted us whenever she saw us. And, other than asking about our participation in the Jamestown bike race, did not pry too much about our stay. If you are looking for a place where you can chat up the innkeeper, this may not be the place for you. However, if you are looking for nice quiet clean home away from home, without not much interaction from the innkeeper, this would be the place for you.

Additionally, unlike the experience had by the previous reviewer, my boyfriend and I had no problem reserving this room either via telephone or the internet.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheWanderingLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
0.8 km away
4.9 km away
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#5 of 21 in Newport

Been to Lionel Champlin Guest House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK