“It’s All About The Lobster”

Phil's Hungry Haven
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Charlestown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Made the 50 minute drive down from East Providence to sample their very tempting menu. Very small dining area; maybe 20 tables. Every table was full while we were there. Our server was friendly and helpful. We ordered lobster Benedict and lobster roll. Very generous servings. We decided to get food to go as well and ordered more lobster rolls , fried whole belly clam plate and blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream. Everything was consistently delicious with generous amounts. Only negatives keeping this from 5 stars were our to-go order was missing two items we didn’t discover until we got home. Our server talked us into potato salad instead of fries and we received nothing; no fries-no potato salad. Annoying. The bathroom is foul; reeks of urine. Yes I know I’m there for the food but it affects the experience in a negative way. Would we return here? Absolutely!! We love the menu and the execution of some great dishes. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (131)

Reviewed 2 August 2021

OMG! We both had the Apple Crisp French Toast. It was delicious. It seemed like cooked apple compote with the cinnamon and oat crisp. It was served over two French toast. It almost didn't need the maple syrup but I put some anyway. We both got it with a side order of bacon. I like mine charred. It was perfect. It is definitely worth checking out. We definitely will be back.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

My husband and I ate there for breakfast. Got a table right away and the waitress was nice and took our order. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there. After about 30 minutes, we finally got half of our order. In the meantime, customers that came in after us got their food before us. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and a side pancake. The pancake was cold so I sent it back. My eggs were terrible. They were lukewarm and tasteless. They were drenched with a cool sauce that had no flavor. My husband’s omelet wasn’t ready. When he finally got his it had the wrong cheese and the toast was cold despite resting on the hot omelet. And to add insult to injury, this meal was almost $40. We will never go back. There are much better breakfast places to go to in the local area.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 1 December 2020

Small place with huge food. The waitress (older woman) was a doll. The food is amazing - big breakfast with banana pancakes were just outstanding.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 4 September 2020 via mobile

Saw the fried clams sign so stopped in. Have not had much luck in town with fried clams but these were the best fried clams we have had all summer. Light and flaky batter without a ton of grease, nice bellies and zero chewiness. In addition to the fried clams we got a fried oyster dinner and it was equally excellent. French fries appeared to be double fried an excellent. Great portions too on the fried clams and fried oysters. Will be back

Date of visit: September 2020