“Great Food Great Service Great Fun!”
Review of Rathskeller

Rathskeller
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We love the food here. The portions are huge! We also love the patio and fire pit with the live music. We send everyone here.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The Rathskellar has become one of my family's favorite restaurants. The atmosphere is great, you can sit inside or out. Outside has a nice patio and some outside games nearby to keep you busy. The giant pretzels are fantastic and all the entrees I've tried have been outstanding. Great place for lunch or dinner and drinks.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Called ahead, no reservations. Very crowded. Wound up sitting at the bar. Staff was crazy busy and had a hard time keeping up with the rush. Very large dining area and outside seating as well. Lot's of history here, it used to be a Speakeasy during Prohibition. Many choices on the menu. Food was great, beer was cold, and the French fries are to die for. Only negative, the music was loud and the same head banging song played 5 or 6 times in a row. My wife finally asked them to change it or turn it down. The bar staff, the hostesses, and the manager all rolled their eyes and said there was nothing they could do.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the fried chicken sandwiches and I had the potato soup. Service was super and we had no wait on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

As a local , I have been going here since it reopened. I got together with friends for a reunion. Sat outside on the patio, drinks and sever were great. I had the crab cake special, lots of aioli but I couldn’t even tell it was crab. The rice and “wilted” greens were inedible. What a disappointment.

2  Thank MarkCoppes