“Cute, casual, no frills lunch”
Review of Three Sisters

Three Sisters
Ranked #22 of 63 Restaurants in Block Island
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2016

My husband and I enjoyed a very casual lunch at this no-frills place. Cash-only. You look at the menus outside, place your order inside and sit at picnic tables outside until you are called in to pick up and pay for your order. I had a salad and my husband had a sandwich. They were tasty and we also enjoyed chocolate cookies fresh from the oven. We enjoyed eating and relaxing outside, with Jack Johnson music on in the background. $9 sandwiches/salads here are more reasonable than other lunch places on the island.

2  Thank kpremont

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I have been going to Block Island for decades. We stay for multiple days every visit, multiple times every season. I have always gone to the 3 Sisters, packed their wrap & taken it on my bike ride. I have written wonderful reviews ... and I have had it. I work in the Travel & Tourist Industry. I understand what its like to be tired, burnt out, over people .. yet I would never show, talk or treat people the way the owner does. They make fresh wraps. The homemade cookies are a great touch. The attitude that the owner gives you, not worth it. There are plenty of great deli's in town that are open hours earlier that greet you with a smile as they take your money or YELL your name (as if you are bothering them at 11am when they open). My husband and I rolled in on our bikes at 10:30 (10;30!!!) and the owner was in the yard. We walked up, wished her a good morning where she rolled her eyes at us. We asked if she was open when she gruffed "NO" I replied "Oh, bummer. Your website is incorrect. States you are already open. No worries, we'll swing by later" She immediately snapped "WELL, I don't have a website so I don't know where you get your information from but its wrong?" She got into her caravan and rolled off. Some older man was just walking around the property, never said a thing or even acknowledged us. We had already been there that week (got the same attitude from the same lady then too) so I was tempted to go elsewhere but my husband likes some random wrap so we went for a walk and returned. We placed an order (2 wraps) with the young lady (owner wasn't back) . There was 1 family of 3 there. Owner returns & yells my name. I walk into the little house and warmly say "Hello" to her and the young lady .. she completely ignores me. No reply. They are not busy at this time. I pay for our lunch and the change she gives me is a ten & 3 singles. So, I gave 3 singles in the jar. She had the galls to reply with such sarcasm "Oh, thanks. We really appreciate it" Are you kidding me! If it was jut her (& not the poor girl) I would have stuck my hand in that jar and taken it right back. 1st, you want a bigger tip - try being friendly. You u make wraps. You have cake hours (11 -2:30!!! - can you imagine?! I'd be singing to everyone that walked into that door to buy my overpriced wraps!) There are numerous other spots for lunch! 2. Make smaller change!

I am 1 of 3 sisters. If my sister was acting like this I would give her a season or two off. I am over it. They lost longtime costumers. We found a great deli (more of a selection, accommodating hours, super friendly) across the street in the grocery store. According to the locals we talked to about this & friends on their boats, this is well known and most locals avoid. What a shame.

9  Thank CoLo03
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Our salads were fresh, but a little on the oily side. Order the dressing on the side. The sandwiches looked good. It's a popular stop with a funky backyard. The service is non-existent. They only accept cash, so come prepared.

3  Thank Annagraham38
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Simple and satisfying. You order inside the tiny shop from a short sandwich menu. Dining is all outdoors at picnic tables, some covered by a tent, some under the trees. There was a kid playing a nice selection of 90s acoustic classics on a guitar, a hammock, room to kick back and relax in the island atmosphere. In the evenings they have an outdoor kitchen cooking catch-of-the-day. Cash only.

2  Thank Heather K
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Eat outdoors at picnic tables in this unassuming little place with great seafood! Choice of one, two or three seafood/fish selections with 2 sides. Byo alcohol.

2  Thank bibiharris