Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Just amazing

Stop by it ! Not just because you'd be a biker, but because this is... history, proud people... read more

Reviewed 10 December 2018
Flying_Teddy
Chatelet, Belgium
Showcase of American production at its Best

Having worked in a production environment in the past, my wife and I were curious to see what... read more

Reviewed 10 December 2018
PorscheRich
Flemington, New Jersey

All reviews steel toe tour free tour great tour factory tour assembly line tour guide gift shop open house factory floor hour tour safety glasses tour takes manufacturing process take pictures paid tour state of the art closed toe shoes
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great experience.

If you arrive before the time that the tour begins (check website for precise schedule), there is a small museum and gift shop to keep you occupied.

The group tour takes place on the factory floor. Each person is given a headset, enabling you to hear the tour guide perfectly above the noise while the employees nonchalantly carry on with their jobs. The explanations were thorough and detailed, but not overwhelming. Tour guide was helpful and courteous if anyone wanted to ask additional questions as we paused at various points along the route. It definitely kept our interest completely throughout, although walking single file for much of the tour, behind the safety line, allows you to zone out if you want to just look.

The steel toe tour (see their website) provides an even closer and more detailed look than the factory tour.

Everything was well-organized without making us feel like factory products ourselves. We definitely recommend it.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

The steel toe tour was great. You get headsets so you can actually hear the tour guide. I would highly recommend the cost of the Steel toe tour compared to the free tour for those who are Harley riders. The steel toe tour is more detailed and takes you to more areas of the production plant.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018

The last time I reviewed this, I only reviewed the museum, as we had unknowingly missed the opportunity to take the tour, so we just went back. The tour was GREAT! The cleanliness and organization of this huge factory and tour are impressive, the workers seem to be very friendly, welcoming, and accommodating, and our Tour Guide, Eithel, seemed very knowledgeable!

The tour is given on the hour, between 9 and 2. This info is hard to locate on their website (which was our problem the first time!). We took the hour-long Classic tour (The Steel Toe tour is longer, and a little more in-depth.), which is also free. I suggest that you go to the bathroom before you enter the theater (The tour starts with a film.), as there's no opportunity to go once the Tour Guide starts speaking. Headsets are handed out, after the film, so that one may hear the tour guide in the factory. One is also given a souvenir pin, in the theatre, which needs to be worn during the tour.

I'm really not a fan of motorcycles, because of the noise (one of the reasons), but I loved this tour! The noise of the motor of motorcycles on the rode, is far louder, and much more offensive, to me, than the factory was.

I usually don't like to revisit places, but I would go back here.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank MEEEK
Reviewed 4 January 2018

the manufacturing plant in York offers plant tours. It would be wise to call ahead to inquire as to the extent of the tour. the abbreviated tour is nice but seems short and skips many very interesting aspects of build. there is a very cool showroom at the beginning of the tour with a vast array of production bikes to look at, "try on" and admire. there is also an Open House once a year that has test rides and food and entertainment.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic tour. My wife and I completed the free tour which lasted about 45 minutes. On my next trip I will be completed the paid tour which gets a Harley enthusiast much closer to the bikes as they are being built. Very friendly staff!

Date of experience: December 2017