New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in York
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Travelled to York for a funeral. Manager and front desk staff were very accommodating to our family members. Very helpful and was willing to help where they could! Couldn't ask for better!

Hotel itself is brand new and new style of rooms. Quite comfortable! Had an issue where they had a problem with the hot water going out. Took care of problem for me and compensated for the situation. Bottom line is that things happen and they did the right thing right off the bat! I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is my third week at the hotel for training purposes due to work. We still have one more week, but I decided to write the review now. The whole experience here has been great. The whole staff has been great, friendly and helpful. Shalanda (sp?) at the front desk, and Sherry at the Bistro have been outstanding and go above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable. Tara and Dora at the Bistro are also friendly and helpful, I haven't dealt with them nearly as much as the other two employees that I named, but they have been very nice and friendly.
I haven't dealt with maintenance, but one of my colleagues has been very impressed with one that she dealt with, she even told me a story where they had asked if there was a deck of cards they could borrow. There was not, but he took it upon himself to run to Walmart and buy a deck for them to use and then to be retained at the desk for anyone else that needed to use it. A couple of my colleagues had on a few days made food at home and brought it along in a crockpot or other container and then had a sort of potluck in the lobby, He again volunteered to help with the dirty dishes, etc..having them run through the dishwasher for them. Those are the types of things that I consider going above and beyond, and help to make the stay away from home for an extended time a little easier to get through.
The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are nice, lots of pillows on the beds, and the beds themselves are comfortable. That says a lot coming from me, because I usually have problems with hotels beds. I will agree that the showers were not built properly, and do leak at the bottom, but I have not experienced it in excess as some of the other reviewers have described. I put the mat/towel down in front of the shower, which is something I do anyway because I don't like walking out of the shower/tub directly onto tile. The towel has never been soaked, or even overly wet, just along the edge where it is up against the shower. Maybe the others take a more vigorous shower than I do, but I don't understand needing 2 towels to soak up the water. Some of the doors are a little hard to open, I think they need to be refastened, or replaced. There are two computers in the lobby for guests to use, along with various chairs and couches, newspapers and books. They genereally put the coffee/hot water out in the lobby between 4-4:30 am. The prices at the Bistro are a little high, which is kind of expected. BUT the food is very good, and you do get a very generous portion, it is made when you order, so it's not just sitting there ready to go in a warmer, They also serve starbucks coffee at the bistro.
Our stays are M-F, and we go home on the weekend, Two of the weeks our classes started late on Monday because of being the day after a holiday, so we come back on Monday morning instead of Sunday night. I have gotten here at 10 am and have had no problems checking into my room at that time instead of later in the afternoon when it is technically check in, not sure if it's 1 or 3, but in any event I have checked hours ahead of the posted time.
That's all I can think of at the moment. But I have been very comfortable and satisfied while here and I am confident that you will too.

Room Tip: If you have any preferences, just ask they are more than willing to do what they can to help.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank momof2boyz2
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

First of all the hotel was not very packed at the time of arrival so parking was a breeze. There was a total of maybe 10 cars at the time. Upon entering the lobby, I will mesmerized as it looked really modern and trendy. I have been to Courtyards before but this one is different. There was even a touch screen TV to get local info such as weather and news. Now on to the check-in experience.

I waited around for a few minutes and there was nobody at the front desk. Someone from the restaurant walked over and informed me that the lady will be right with me. Apparently she was in the back room talking on the phone. I continued waiting until the GM came to assist. She questioned the check-in clerk and she claims she was on the phone assisting a customer. The GM apologized and handled the check-in. She promptly gave me the keys and even answered a few questions politely and I was on my way. I thought to myself, even if the lady was assisting someone on the phone, she could've at least acknowledged of our presence. We went up to our room and it was beautiful!!!

The pictures of the hotel are nice but it feels even nicer in person. Eveverything is brand new and in good working condiiton. The view was out the front entrance and overlooks a shopping center. The shopping center has stores like Best Buy, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse, and an Asian Buffet with pretty good food and good prices(York Buffet).

Back to the hotel room, the only gripe I had was the shower. The showerhead appears to be installed on the wrong side of the shower and water leaks out the swinging door. As a result, water floods the bathroom floors during every shower. Apparently, a few towels on the floor helps with the problem. There was also an issue with the heat. It is not warm enough, at least for us. We called the front desk and was informed that the heating system is a energy-efficient model and there is nothing they can do about it. I asked for a space heater and they dont have any.

We had a great stay nonetheless. The room and hotel are beautifully appointed but the service needs improvement.

Pros:
Beautiful hotel and rooms
Great location with easy food and shopping
45 minutes to Gettysburg Civil War attractions

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ziggyziggy
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for a month on business. The time spent was great. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. Roooms were great. Shalonda, the hotel attendent was fabulous. Due to the overall customer service, I will always look for a Courtyard Marriott to stay in.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
East Worcester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

nice and clean hotel,very accomadating staff as well as friendly.pool was cool ,inside, and clean.the hottub was way to bleached and caused myself and wife to choke!fitness center and buisness center were all up to par.each bed had FIVE pillows.great sleep!would def. stay again,easy walking dis. to eat and shop.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family