“Great new hotel, service could be better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard York

Courtyard York
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in York
Brooklyn, New York
“Great new hotel, service could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

First of all the hotel was not very packed at the time of arrival so parking was a breeze. There was a total of maybe 10 cars at the time. Upon entering the lobby, I will mesmerized as it looked really modern and trendy. I have been to Courtyards before but this one is different. There was even a touch screen TV to get local info such as weather and news. Now on to the check-in experience.

I waited around for a few minutes and there was nobody at the front desk. Someone from the restaurant walked over and informed me that the lady will be right with me. Apparently she was in the back room talking on the phone. I continued waiting until the GM came to assist. She questioned the check-in clerk and she claims she was on the phone assisting a customer. The GM apologized and handled the check-in. She promptly gave me the keys and even answered a few questions politely and I was on my way. I thought to myself, even if the lady was assisting someone on the phone, she could've at least acknowledged of our presence. We went up to our room and it was beautiful!!!

The pictures of the hotel are nice but it feels even nicer in person. Eveverything is brand new and in good working condiiton. The view was out the front entrance and overlooks a shopping center. The shopping center has stores like Best Buy, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse, and an Asian Buffet with pretty good food and good prices(York Buffet).

Back to the hotel room, the only gripe I had was the shower. The showerhead appears to be installed on the wrong side of the shower and water leaks out the swinging door. As a result, water floods the bathroom floors during every shower. Apparently, a few towels on the floor helps with the problem. There was also an issue with the heat. It is not warm enough, at least for us. We called the front desk and was informed that the heating system is a energy-efficient model and there is nothing they can do about it. I asked for a space heater and they dont have any.

We had a great stay nonetheless. The room and hotel are beautifully appointed but the service needs improvement.

Pros:
Beautiful hotel and rooms
Great location with easy food and shopping
45 minutes to Gettysburg Civil War attractions

Cons:
Heat
Leaky shower

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ziggyziggy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for a month on business. The time spent was great. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. Roooms were great. Shalonda, the hotel attendent was fabulous. Due to the overall customer service, I will always look for a Courtyard Marriott to stay in.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
East Worcester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

nice and clean hotel,very accomadating staff as well as friendly.pool was cool ,inside, and clean.the hottub was way to bleached and caused myself and wife to choke!fitness center and buisness center were all up to par.each bed had FIVE pillows.great sleep!would def. stay again,easy walking dis. to eat and shop.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank subway615
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

We took a chance on this hotel and we were very happy. It has the new lobby. The front desk clerk greeted us as soon as we entered and the night manager came up and introduced himself.

We had a terrific room, very quiet, very clean. The lobby was beautiful and there were having a networking night at the hotel but you could not even tell. Internet was fast. Newspapers were good. Coffee was fresh.

This is a great hotel for business, families or vacations.

This is one of our favourites.

Room Tip: Ask for the front of the hotel and ask for a room far from the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Donald N
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I wanted to thank the staff for what has been one of my favorite stays in a very long time. I am a business traveler, who spends anywhere from 45 to 50 weeks of hotel travel per year. My stay in York started with a warm hello from Tina at the front desk, and ended with a clean and comfortable room coupled with hospitality from Tara and Sherri in the Bistro. Upon check in I noticed that Tina was overwhelmed with a line filled with anxious customers. She was very professional and personable with each check in, while being efficient and multitasking. She happened to hear my co worker and I dialoguing about how I routinely skip breakfast in the mornings. She WOW'ed me by mentioning how important breakfast was and offered me a coupon to enjoy a meal "on the house!" The next day I made a purchase from the Market and Tina confidently addressed me by my name and asked would you like to bill this to my room-AND she knew the room number! I was so impressed that not only did she remember my name, but my room number; again WOW! For breakfast Tara and Sherri have also made sure that my quick morning meals were delightful. So many times in our industry our customers take the time to complain, but compliments are not so easily given. Thank you for hiring the perfect staff to ensure the success of your newly opened hotel. Congratulations!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business