“Hit and Miss”

Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Some of the food is really good here. Some, not so much.
Portions do tend to be on the smaller size.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had dinner with two other couples on a Tuesday. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated. Low noise level, but there were not many other tables were occupied(and now I know why). The staff was welcoming and friendly and the service was a bit above average. Unfortunately, the food did not match. The gnocci were commercial and ok, but they were brought almost drowning in a pesto sauce that had neither the aroma nor the taste of basil and probably never saw a pine nut. The baked salmon with grilled vegetables looked good but the fish was overdone. Portion sizes were on the small side. The coffee was disappointingly weak. Other folks at the table ordered eggplant parm (a house special), an eggplant rollatini, and another fish. No was raving.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank aaron l
Reviewed 28 August 2017

My niece's baby shower was held at Carlucci's today, and I have to commend this establishment. When we arrived with all of the decorations and party supplies, the staff assisted in helping us unload the cars and carrying everything in. They also were instrumental in helping with the setup. The service was fabulous and the food was tremendoous. Following the shower, not only were we told we weren't to clean up, that they would do it, the staff assisted in carrying everything out for us, including the presents. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Carrie D
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We were a party of six. Had a reservation, promptly seated at 5PM on a Sunday.

We shared the "Misto Italiano", a kind of sampling of cheeses, prosciutto, marinated eggplant, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts. It was ok, just not my jam. A couple breads were brought out before our meals. One was little squares of a kind of tomato pie. They were tasty. The other was this puffy bread, looked like a flying saucer. Was basically full of air and when cut was just like a garlicky flat bread. It was just ok. Might have been better if we had some butter to put on it, or, some oil to dip it in.

Meals come with soup or salad. Everyone seemed to enjoy these. The seafood bisque looked especially tasty, but, I didn't sample it. I went kind of conservative and ordered the chicken parmigiana with a side of penne pasta. Other dishes at the table included gnocchi pesto, chicken Catalina, chicken and shrimp "Stephanie", calamarata and pappardelle alla vodka. Everyone enjoyed their meals, and, took some home; portions were quite generous. I can only review what I ate. The chicken parmigiana was ok, kind of average to me, the pasta and sauce tasty, but, I felt a little to much olive oil in the sauce. Kind of left an oil slick on my plate.

Restaurant is a BYOB which is a plus. We brought a couple bottles of wine. This helped keep the cost of the meal down.

Service was generally attentive. Our server Susan did an ok job but can't say she "wowed" me. Servers seem to help each other out. Someone passes by and may grab an empty plate, or, fill a water glass. I like that kind of teamwork and it keeps the attention level high at the table.

Restaurant itself was generally pretty comfortable; tables were maybe a little close together. The owner or manager likes to sing opera-style. There were 4 birthdays in the restaurant while we were there. After the first two happy birthdays by this Enrico Caruso wannabe, it was getting sort of tired, at least to me.

Hey, this is an above average restaurant, good food, fair prices for what you receive. Just some minor flaws that are keeping me from giving it 5 stars. Worth the trip, though. Ciao!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were a party of six on a Wednesday night. Most of the group ordered from the prix fixe menu which is a great value and just the right portion size. The rest of the (vast) menu has all the standard Italian dishes and some unique entrees too. I had the cod and it came with a lot of grilled bell peppers, and potatoes. Everything was excellent.

Their "puffy bread" seemed house made.

BYOB, and see the menus linked on the website above before you go.