“Just don't recommend ”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We got here and the staff was not rude but just not very friendly. The room was ok. My biggest problem. Was they charged me a $120 deposit without telling me they were gonna do that. I could hsve adjusted my bank account accordingly if they said up front. When I asked why the charged me that it was explained, but will take 7 to 10 days for it to release. I could hsve paid that in cash so I'd get it back at check out. Just think that was kind of "hidden".

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
947karens947, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest, I apologize about the confusion with your incidental charge. When you use a debit card it does hold a small pending charge due to the banks processing practices. We do have a sign at our front desk explaining this. If I can assist you in anyway please don't hesitate to call the hotel. thank you The Fairfield Inn and Suites team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My room....
Walked in smelled very musty. The phones didn't work the GM came to fix it on check out morning. The hotel needs a real bad update. Everything in the room looked as old as 10 plus years old.

I will not return and will not recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
947karens947, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for letting us know about the issues you encountered at our hotel. We are having our maintenance thoroughly inspect and correct any issues in the room. thank you the Fairfield Inn and Suites Team

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Well located. Fresh, clean new property. Friendly staff. Busy morning breakfast. Small but well maintained fitness room and same for pool - enough to get that work out in during my travels. Nice yet compact suites available with all the usual amenities. My room was on back side of hotel, not a great view out the window but then again I'm just there to sleep. Great property for the price. Check out the "Marriott" photos across from the elevator.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Friendly staff, clean room, however, beds were VERY disappointing - too soft and bouncy. Rooms were a bit tight (we had two queens). Breakfast was good. Very convenient location and close to downtown restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
947karens947, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to hear you encountered a friendly staff and a clean room. We do apologize that you weren't satisfied with the comfort of the beds. We shared your feedback with our housekeeping and engineering team to ensure this is corrected moving forward. We thank you for your time and we hope to serve you better whenever your travels bring you to Williamsport!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We like Fairfield Inns and this didn't disappoint. Was clean and nice. Breakfast was as good as usual. Close to town. We only stayed one night but plan to return in the future and stay a few days. We were just passing through on our way to Rhode Island. Only thing I missed was coffee in the lobby when we arrived. I asked if they had little creamers so I could make in room but said they only had creamer cartons but did not offer to get me some. I can not use the powder creamers. Not a problem just thought I would mention. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple