“An institution”

Newberry Sub Shop
Ranked #32 of 178 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This place has been around for as long as I can remember. I may be wrong but I don't think the ownership has been the same since I remember it in the 60s.

Anyhow - if you want a good hoagie in Williamsport (sorry East enders), you have to head to Newberry. Newberry sub shop still had a great one "with everything" (oil, peppers, mayo) when we ate here in October. I think our lunch with drinks and chips came to 12 bucks.

BUT

A few blocks away is Mileto's, also an institution. I believe it's still in business and I recommend trying that as well. Not to take away from Newberry Sub Shop, but I seem to prefer the taste of their subs. So my suggestion as a former Newberry (Jaysburg) resident is to try them both. You won't get a hoagie as good as this anywhere else in the world.

2  Thank Xtudofan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Great subs for decent prices. Recommend cheesesteak or their sausage (with peppers/onions/cheese)

1  Thank cle428
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Based on recommendations from the locals we had lunch at Newberry sub shop. Fantastic subs and exceptional value. $5 for a half cheesesteak which there is no way I could finish (and that's saying something).

Went back for lunch three times and became an honorary local. Fresh ingredients, cooked and assembled while you wait, so call ahead or don't be in a hurry.

Highly recommended! Lots and lots of sub shops in the area, but this is probably the best!

1  Thank Skullmann