“Falafel ”

Notis The Gyro King
Ranked #27 of 287 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I Ordered a Falafel and was pleased. The owner is very nice, will accommodate for Vegans and Vegetarians and is from Wilkesbarre, PA. I ordered the falafel (Chickpea based) because my boyfriend is vegan and the owner did not have a problem serving me the traditional falafel without the typical cucumber salsa that comes on it which has sour cream in it. Instead he put some house hot sauce on it and it was still really good. You can spot them at local events and festivals all around NEPA. His spinach Pie looked good as well as other items on the menu. Will try again.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I've been driving by this truck for years without ever stopping. I finally decided to try it out and do not regret it one bit. It literally took 20 seconds to make my gyro, he loads it up. Best Gyro in the valley.

1  Thank Craig D
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Whenever I travel, I typically prefer local places over national chains, and being a Baltimore native, I grew up eating gyros. The lamb gyros are amazing, the seasoning is perfect, the sauce is delicious, the vegetables are fresh, the pita is that perfect texture you expect it to be, and the guy who runs the place is super friendly!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I heard about Notis the Gyro King from friends who ra
ved about how great the gyros are at this concession stand. I had to go and try one for myself. I work at a local hospital, close to the location, so I stopped after work one day. All I can say is the gyros are the best! Better than the best that I ever had before. In addition to the Gyro, I also had an authentic Greek salad, which is made with imported Dodonis feta cheese; the absolute best! He also serves delicious spinach pie, made with light, flaky fillo dough, chicken kabobs & delicious baklava for dessert. If you're in the area and in the mood for something hot, fast and delicious for lunch or dinner, you need to stop and try any of the food items on the menu. You'll not be disappointed. You'll get great service with a smile. I highly recommend this place to everyone!!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Notis the Gyro King serves the best gyros in the valley! It is one of the tastiest sandwiches that you could have. Made on a fluffy pita bread with mounds of meat, topped with fresh vegetables and finished with a homemade tzatziki sauce, so delicious! When I asked Notis, why his sauce tastes sooo good? Answer was " it's an old family recipe that I got from my mother ". In addition to the gyro, he also serves chicken gyros, kabobs, the best spinach pie and scrumptious baklava. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a special treat! All together this stand keeps my appetite spinning for more :)