All reviews full kitchen living room tgi fridays clean suites small apartment front desk spa tub sausage links water temperature nice pool and hot tub business area fairfield inn nice lobby free breakfast stayed one night breakfast bar the staff was great
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here for four days. The front desk staff was nice. My issue is with the cleanliness of the rooms and service on the weekends. Upon entering our bathroom I found a dirty wash cloth in the shower. The air vent in the closet area had heavy dust all over it. The room smelled like cigarette smoke, bad even though you are not allowed to smoke in the rooms. The shower curtain was nasty and stained. I bought air fresheners to put in the room to help get rid of the stale smoke smell and I bought Clorox wipes and cleaned the room to my standards. The body towels and wash cloths were like heavy grit sand paper. I was afraid to dry off normally for fear of scratching my self with the towels and I was cautious when using the wash cloth because it was so rough. They don’t clean rooms on the weekends or empty the trash. We took out our own trash and had to go get fresh towels. The patio area is nice and I loved sitting out there but the ants were out of control and there were a few spiders crawling around. I noticed that some of the young front desk clerks kept having visitors (young guys) and were distracted by them being there. I also noticed that one older gentleman who worked there was playing around with the two young desk clerks (chasing one of them, hiding and then scaring one of them as she exited the restroom) which I found disturbing, childish and unprofessional. My suggestions for improvement to the Host Inn would be:
1. Use some fabric softener when you wash the hotel towels, wash cloths, sheets, etc.
2. Clean the room air vents every six months.
3. Shampoo the room carpeting annually.
4. Change out the room curtains and sheer curtains annually.
5. Have the lead Housekeeper inspect the rooms for cleanliness after the maids have cleaned.
6. Clean the rooms with an antibacterial cleaner.
7. Have your grounds keeper spray pesticide around the perimeter of the patio and on the patio once a month and when the ants and spiders are out of control like they were during my stay.
8. Do not allow staff to have visitors unless previously approved by the hotel manager.
9. Spot check employees to ensure that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
10. Clean rooms daily, replace towels daily or at the very least empty the trash for your guests daily.
11. A little more professionalism all the way around.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Reine P
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hello Reine P. Thank you for choosing the Host Inn All Suites and taking the time to leave a review. We are concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. We are writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We accommodate many guests each evening. We strive to make their stay satisfactory. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service for all of guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from all guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we should change and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is much appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you have brought to our attention will be addressed. Again, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night while on a road trip. Facilities were clean but a bit dated. We were "upgraded " to a conference king room which was huge. The room was clean but showed evidence of some past "enthusiastic " parties. We were asked to sign a form to acknowledge the house rules which after seeing the room I can understand. The bed was comfortable. We could have used more waste baskets, the only one in the suite was in the kitchen. One in the bathroom or bedroom would be nice.

The bathroom had a large enclosed spa tub with shower. For two senior citizens the tub was very difficult to get into as there were no grab bars to hold on to and the step into the tub was approximately 24 inches. (a safety issue.) The staff was friendly, very helpful and went out of there way to make us feel welcome.

Overall we would stay again but maybe a smaller suite would be more appropriate for 2 of us for a night.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4qigong
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear 4qigong,
We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Wilkes-Barre. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you. Thank you for staying at the Host Inn All Suites Wilkes-Barre and we hope you choose our property when you travel back to Wilkes-Barre.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed here while visiting family nearby and chose it due to location and price as well as having extra space. The help at front desk was consistently great but I would not stay here again. Room was ok but floors were not cleaned under beds and housekeeping did not visit the room daily.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello,
Thank you for choosing the Host Inn All Suites in Wilkes Barre. I am very happy to hear that you received exceptional service from our staff. We will be sure to let them know! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the issue of the cleanliness of your suite. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within our housekeeping department. I am saddened to hear that you choose to not stay here again. We do hope you give us a chance in the future to show the difference we can make.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

What a terrific find! Host Inn was superclean, spacious, attractive and inexpensive. Our room was excellent with a good view of the valley. We're grateful to Lauryn at the front desk for her efficient helpfulness, good restaurant suggestions, and, of course, the cookies. :-) I also want to add that the whole place was extremely well taken care of -- I noticed the carpets seemed new and fresh in both the room and in the hallways, and the lit up shower-head was cool -- it even displayed the water temperature!

I will definitely seek this place out again next time we're near Wilkes-Barre. (it may be a little tricky to find, it's right behind the fairfield inn & the TGI Friday Restaurant.

Stayed: June 2018

Hello GoldenRings,
We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Wilkes-Barre. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you. Thank you for staying at the Host Inn All Suites Wilkes-Barre and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Wilkes-Barre.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This place was awesome. The staff was super friendly and the manager was AWESOME. King size bed that was comfortable and nice size room. Will not hesitate to stay here again. The I door pool was nice also for winter time. The cleaning staff was excellent. Also enjoyed the ping pong table.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hello Jarod! Thank you for choosing the Host Inn All Suites and taking the time to leave a review. We were very pleased to have you stay with us for long term. I am very glad to hear that your enjoyed your time with us! We will be sure to spread your kind words with all necessary departments. We were sad to see you leave as we appreciated your kindness to everyone throughout the hotel! We hope to see you back in the future!!