Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 99
US$ 99
Trip.com
US$ 111
US$ 91
PricelineUS$ 99
Hotels.comUS$ 99
Lol.travelUS$ 111
All reviews floor room perkins pets muffins pennsylvania microwave iggy
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

We were SO pleased to stay here. All staff we saw wore masks (covering their noses too) at all times when dealing with the public or just in public areas! They seemed to bend over backwards to accommodate, but safely. Hot or cold breakfast grab bags were free and pretty darn good. Staff all friendly AND the heat/AC unit in our room was silent!!!! Clean room. Our dog loved it too!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Charmi Shah, Guest Services / Front Office at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you, and your dog soon.

Aaron Saullo
Front Desk Trainer
Comfort Inn West Hazleton

Reviewed 30 September 2020

I am here for several days of business and may post more as my stay progresses or finishes.
So far, I am satisfied with the service, status of management, employees, and room.
AC unit is noticeable but quieter than many other hotels I've stayed in recently and over the years. AC fan is ample and not hurricane strength, as in other hotels, set away from the beds.
Bathroom light/fan motion sensor auto on / manual off.

Last night, I posted comments on the housekeeping situation of my room and am happy to report that all of the concerns have been resolved quickly and with utter professionalism.
Management (I forgot the day manager's name) listened to my concerns, read the comments and quickly offered two options --
Changing rooms either immediately or this evening when I'm back from work
or
Having the housekeepers take corrective action immediately.

Housekeepers Chrissy and Gina took care of all issues and followed up to ensure measures were up to high standards.
Maintenance Iggy is on his way to remedy lighting issues.

Kudos to the management and staff for timely, professional response.

Breakfast -- Covid breakfast / snacks offerings were ample in choice and quantity.
Lots of offered snack items to eat in the room or take on the road.
They are doing all they can to offer substance in the difficult times.

If guest really wants a fuller breakfast, Perkins is an easily walkable option and Denny's is near by.
There are also other options within 10 minutes and a few miles.

Room tip: Close to major roads ,no issues from road noise. Rooms are well insulated against int / ext noise. Parking lot side has morning sun.
Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Charmi Shah, Guest Services / Front Office at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues with your room, but am very happy to hear that everything was resolved for you in a timely manner. If there is anything you need during your stay, please let the front desk staff know. We are always happy to help you with whatever you need.

Aaron Saullo
Front Desk Trainer
Comfort Inn West Hazleton

Reviewed 30 September 2020

First night in several consecutive.
Desk staff were fine.
First look in room was fine.
But.....
I had to clean the dust buuld up that was falling from bathroom vent and from heat/ac unit.
Food spattered all over every wall.
Food and food wrappers behind beds, dressers.
Old sock left on floor by dresser.
Used towel still hanging on vathroom door.
Burnt out light bulb.
USB port in lamp inoperable.
I'm not sure I trust that bedding and towels were changed.

During Covid there is no room change service during staybecause of the way the sheets wewlre on the bed and how the towels were folded.
Employer reserved/ paid for room or i would move out tomorrow.
It's evident that housekeepers are not doing a complete job.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

Passing through but staff acted like this was our home. Superior service. Had pets and got a 1st floor room. Clean large room. Had everything needed. Best breakfast selection during this COVID time. Very friendly.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2020

Because our rental car broke down, we booked a room at this hotel from about 7pm August 23, Sunday to 9am Monday, August 24. Throughout the night and the next morning, about 80% of the hotel guests we encountered inside the hotel were not wearing masks. We also observed two of the female room cleaners with their supply pushcarts without masks in the lobby the morning we left. Those people were roaming the lobby and hallways, and going in and out of the tiny elevator we had to take to get to and from our room and the lobby. I'm very concerned about our risk of being exposed to Covid.

While there are multiple signs in front lobby entry doors telling guests that masks are mandatory, no-one mentioned a word to the offenders. The guest check-in gentleman told me that it is too hard to reinforce. Isn't it a Pennsylvania mandate? If the staff are too afraid of the consequences of enforcing the policy, then lock the door and don't give access to those not wearing masks. Or, hire a security guard. One covid case is all it takes to ruin someone day/life.

Another concern is that it is impossible to tell if the rooms have been disinfected between guests. The dust on light fixtures and the fact that there's no plastic cover for germ protection on the TV remote seems like a good indication that it is not done. I found a large pair of men's underwear in the room under the bed skirt too. Yuck. (Room 323). I didn't report any of it, because we were rushing to get out of the room for a car replacement.

I'm begging the management to find a way to get the hotel staff to comply with the hotel policy, to refuse service to people who won't as well, and to tell the guests what measures are consistently taking place (rigorous cleaning and disinfecting in all rooms) to protect the health of everyone. It is incredibly sad (and terrifying) to see some of the staff and guests who are trying to comply be potentially compromised by a life-threatening illness.

Date of stay: August 2020
Charmi Shah, Guest Services / Front Office at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to take the moment to extend my sincere apologies on behalf of our entire staff and management. We are taking Covid-19 very seriously and care deeply for the health and safety of both guests and our staff. We have reprimanded certain employees for not following protocol and will make sure to keep enforcing Covid-19 policies. I do assure you that we are using EPA approved disinfectants in all of our rooms and public areas.

We take your concerns very seriously and will be looking into improving our hotel techniques with all of the above issues you have mentioned. I do hope that if your in this area again, you will give us the opportunity to give you an exceptional stay.

Pamela Yanac