See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I have stayed at Shadowbrook many times in the past and have always had a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. It was nice to see some familiar staff and meet some new ones as well. The restaurant has a new menu from my last stay. The flatbread pizza was amazing.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Lisa G, General Manager at Shadowbrook Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so glad that you are a loyal guest and hope to have the pleasure to meet you on your next stay. We have some great events lined up for New Years, St. Patty's Day, Derby Day and more! Please follow us on Facebook for more details.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

The grounds are very nice. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of a small town setting. The food was excellent and I was impressed with the staff and service. I know the new ownership is working very hard to improve older parts of the resort. They are off to a good start! I will definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Shadowbrook Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for visiting with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you were pleased with your stay and the continuing improvements that we are making.

I do hope that your travels will allow you to visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We have currently been going to Shadowbrook Golf Course quite often this
summer and we entitle it our "vacation day". The golf course is well kept
and quite nice to play. Part of the reason for our traveling almost an hour to
golf at this course was the reward we looked forward to after a round of golf,
name a Yuengling draft and a choice of a nice sandwich or the daily special.,
This all came to an end with the arrival of the Bogey's new menu; how disappointing.
We could always depend on the wonderful Bogey beef sandwich and soup of the
day, which was large enough to share, however, with the change, this is no longer available, the portions are halved and the price increased. We did order the turkey
club which turned out to be all bread with little in between, so unappetizing.
I doubt that we will continue to frequent the Bogey bar and restaurant. New is not always better. So disappointed.

Room tip: Did not stay overnight
Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa G, General Manager at Shadowbrook Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Firstly, please allow me to apologize in the delay of my response. I am relatively new here but will be sure that all TripAdvisor comments are responded to quickly.

Thank you for sharing your experience and your loyalty in visiting with us for your 'vacation days'. After some time with the previous menu, we felt it was time to unveil a new menu. This was already in process prior to my arrival. Overall the response has been positive, but a few regulars like yourself missed a few of the previous items. I am happy to say that our kitchen staff is quite happy to honor special orders as long as we have the product on hand. I assure you that our goal was not to 'halve' the portions but simply to offer a larger variety of items. If your turkey club was not to your satisfaction, I apology and only wish that you would have let us know at the time. We certainly welcome the opportunity to make a disappointing item to your specific satisfaction.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity. If I can be of any assistance or offer you a complimentary round of golf, please do contact me directly at the hotel - extension 320.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We stayed st Shadowbrook August 2017 for my mother's funeral in Tunkhannaock.
Our room cost $109.00 per night. This is a 39.95 per night room. I moved away from Tunkhannock in 1990. when i left Shadowbrook was the best Hotel/Resort in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Coming back after 27 years it has not changed any, meaning the rooms our the same as they were 27 years ago. I would not recommend this resort to anyone staying in Tunkhannock.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Please accept my apology for the delay of my response. I have only been with the property a few weeks but do look forward to responding to TripAdvisor reviews quickly moving forward.

I extend my condolences for the loss of your Mother.

I am quite disappointed to learn that you were not pleased with your room accommodations. Over the past several years the property has experienced many challenges; we had a change in ownership, we were operated by a management company and then a bank while the property was in receivership. Approx. 7 years ago, the property was purchased by a local family who is taking significant steps in improving the property. Approx. 50% of our sleeping rooms have received upgrades; the ballroom and meeting rooms have been updated with modern but classic decor and amenities. Many improvements with the golf course and the infrastructure have also been completed. We hope to fully renovate all of our sleeping rooms in the future. However, we are quite busy with the gas industry and many long term stays. Therefore, the room renovation will be further considered at a later date but in just a few weeks, we hope to move forward with a lobby renovation.

I do thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. If your travels bring you back to the area, please allow us the opportunity to improve upon your past experience. And please keep in mind; we have many great hopes and plans for the future!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The hallway had a funny smell where we stayed. Otherwise, the location was good.
Also, I have an allergy to gluten and the free breakfast only included waffles. No eggs. We had to eat elsewhere.
The service was excellent. There was a lot of golfers.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your stay and sharing your experience. I am sorry that you did not find something to suit your dietary needs from our continental breakfast. Since it is continental breakfast, we stick to the waffles, yogurt and cereal. Although, there is fresh fruit that suits most dietary needs. I am quite glad the service was excellent and hope you will visit with us again soon.